PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 09:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Alltel)

fireshaper is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Program not starting

Yesterday I pulled my Alltel Vogue out to take a picture and an error popped up saying that there was not enough memory to run the camera app, so I closed a few running programs but I was on the move so I missed my shot. Well last night I was going to do some reading on my phone and started up MobiReader but the program wouldn't start, it looked like it would and the Title Bar changed to display MobiReader instead of Start, but they it went right back to the Today screen like it hadn't even happened. I did a soft reset and tried it, still no dice, pulled out the battery with no luck, and even uninstalled and reinstalled MobiReader but still cannot get it to work.

Any idea what could be going on? I have been thinking of loading a 6.1 ROM and now I'm seriously considering it just to see if something got screwed up in the OS.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Program not starting

If you access the web a lot w/ your device, you're going to have a lot of internet debris taking up lots of memory. You may want to clean that out and see if that helps at all.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Alltel)
Threadstarter

fireshaper is a n00b
Re: Program not starting

I run MemMaid daily, so I already tried that. the weird thing is, I opened an ebook from the file browser and it opened in MobiReader, and now I can get to MobiReader from the shortcut like normal. But if I exit the program I can't reopen it without opening the ebook file directly. Normally it brings up a "Library" screen.

UPDATE: I exited the program and tried running it by opening an ebook file directly and it won't open that way now. I'm restarting my phone now to see if that will fix things to at least open it via an ebook file.

Okay, after a restart I could open it via the ebook file. This is really weird.

I haven't downloaded or installed any new programs since yesterday, when it worked fine.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue