PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need help removing programs from my touch

Can anyone tell me the best way to remove pre loaded programs from my Touch? I’m using Memaid which is a full registry editor and I’m not sure where to delete the files from.

I dont want: Sprint On Demand, or Sprint Music. I would rather have the extra space.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

kingabraham3 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Need help removing programs from my touch

the best method with is to install a custom rom. the preloaded apps are rom files, which makes them harder to remove. those apps you mentioned, however, don't take up very much space anyway.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Need help removing programs from my touch

The Sprint On Demand and Sprint Music are installed after a Hardreset as cab files. They aren't ROM files. If you look in your PPC's windows folder you will see several cab files that are loaded during the Sprint Customizations right after a hard reset. The cab files have the uninstall flag turned off not allowing you to uninstall. I took the two cab files in question from my phone and turned the uninstall flag back on. This should allow you to reinstall the cab files and uninstall them again. I have not tested this but it should work for you. Here are the steps.

1. Download the GroveMobile_pulgIn ondemand_6900.zip file
2. Install the first cab file.
3. Open your Rome Programs application in settings and remove the application you just installed.
4. Install the second cab file
5. Open your Rome Programs application in settings and remove the application you just installed.
6. Let me know if this removed everything.
Attached Files
File Type: zip GroveMobile_pulgIn ondemand_6900.zip (233.8 KB, 0 views) Click for barcode!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue