PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: VZW

Mynticelx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
XV6900 with Sprint/Alltel rom, network searching. . .

So I worked on the device for about 4 hours last night with no luck.

I followed the directions EXACTLY as written (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=verizon) using the official Sprint Rom update. Went through Coke unlocker 2.31. It showed that it updated the SPL to the correct COKE version.

I then went into the Sprint ROM update - this is where things went bad. It went through and loaded the new rom, the device reset afterwards and it showed the animated Sprint logo at the start. I then went through screen alignment, date, password. Then it started into WM6.1. I reset before customizations ran and let it reboot.

It went through the animated Sprint logo again and loaded up 6.1. At this point it sat in "Searching" mode for a network tower for about an hour. I couldn't dial *228 or ##778 since there was no signal.

I then went through the steps to revert back to Sprints original rom (w/o GPS, RevA) with the lower Radio number (and using Coke .41). I was able to go through the steps and get the original Sprint, then the OEM Verizon loaded back on. This at least got rid of the animated sprint logo ( I know it's only a splash, but it still hurts to see it). From there, it at least FOUND towers again.

So - I went through the process again (this time with the Alltel Rom). Did everything exactly as mentioned again - and it loaded up with Animated Alltel screen. Didn't allow customizations to run, then reset. Once that happened, it came back and found towers. From there, I tried *228 option 1/2 with no luck. I called VZW, got a new AKEY. Did *228 option 1 and it said it successfully programmed.

I was getting excited at this point - I it then reset as most phones do after programming, and when it came back - it said it was SEARCHING again! I tried another new AKEY, and NOTHING worked. I've tried to take the battery out and still nothing.

Can anyone give ANY insight on what I should do to get this thing working... what steps could I have missed
Old 09-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Mynticelx is a n00b
Re: XV6900 with Sprint/Alltel rom, network searching. . .

No one has any ideas or thoughts regarding this?
Old 09-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Lurker

MADMAN66 is a n00b

What PRL is in the Phone?
Also what is your home SID?

How long have you had it? Is it possible that there could be somthing wrong with it?? The Akey does not have anything to do with finding the towers... Its used to authenticate a outgoing call and of course programming as well.

The phone uses the PRL to find a cell tower to camp on... check those things and post back...
Dan
Old 09-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Mynticelx is a n00b

Thanks for the message. I ended up getting another one. Not sure whether I'm going to give this a try again since I had such bad luck
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue