PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 12:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: verizon

pinkertonxmas is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
xv6900

I am new to this website and its format. I have recently purchased a verizon xv6900. I am hoping to upgrade much of its software. However, I will need help figuring out what i need and where to get it. The major things would be to have the internet streaming as fast as possible, a new keyboard/number pad, and most importantly an iPhone style browser. The browser I am looking for is one in which I can view web pages in the traditional format of a computer, vs the limited format currently available on my phone. My primary hope would be to be able to view my fantasy sports teams (yahoo!) and make line up adjustments with ease. I'd appreciate any and all advice I could get on these as well as other cool upgrades/add-ons that are available for my phone. Hopefully, with your help, I can get over the deep regret I feel at choosing my phone over an iPhone, lol. One more thing, I'm not sure that I'll remember to check this thread, nor am I sure i will be able to find it again after i close this browser, so if anyone thinks they can help me and would be willing, go ahead and shoot me an email, andyandrew85@msn.com. I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:22 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Re: xv6900

What version software is your phone running right now? I got my touch 2 weeks ago and it came with an old ROM on it and there was an immediate update available for it.... Course... I am on Sprint... But Verizon would probably have a ROM update too.

When I updated my ROM through sprint it came with the Opera Browser... Which is ok... But you should look into Skyfire for your mobile browser... It is in beta testing right now... I use it to look at my fantasy football stuff.

I have a code for skyfire to share with friends... PM me if you are interested.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 09-08-2008, 01:34 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Re: xv6900

Ok.... I take that back... Maybe verizon doesn't have an update... This is where I found my sprint update and I went here ( http://www.htc.com/us/FAQ_Detail.asp...id=123&cat=268 ) to check out verizon and there is not a download.

That is odd since Sprint always seems to be behind Verizon on this stuff.

Still.. For your fantasy football... Check out www.skyfire.com... It is in beta testing... But it works great... PM me and I will give you the code they gave me to share with friends.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue