PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 04:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: Sprint

Lowranger is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth Volume Hack

I've searched all over this site and the net for a definitive solution to the low volume level over bluetooth. I see repeated references to AudioPara files but it's never clear if this improves the volume levels over bluetooth, ringer, the speaker, or a combination of all three. My speaker volume is awesome. The volume levels over Bluetooth however are maxed out and still quite weak.
I've flashed the latest ROM from the HTC site and I'd hoped it would address this deficiency but it didn't. I picked up a really cool device on Ebay http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...9888&langId=-1 that I hoped would let me stream music to my car/boat stereos. It seems to work perfectly but the volume levels it provides are only about 2/3 of what I get by simply plugging the Touch into the stereos' 3.5mm jack.
I'm going to have to return the BT Receiver if I can't find a solution. I'm running up against the end of my return window so I need an answer ASAP.

Last edited by Lowranger; 07-21-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Incredible
Carrier: Sprint Sero Baby!!!

gedster314 is keeping up the good workgedster314 is keeping up the good work
Re: Bluetooth Volume Hack

I think it would depend a lot on your headset's ability to amplify. I'm using Pocket Player for audio and it allows you to turn up the volume and EQ the music going to your headset. The problem is that if I even attempt to adjust the preamp level higher I get clipping, which means I am maxing out the circuit. Between my Motorola HT820 headphones and the Jabra BT8010, the Jabra is louder at max volume with the same settings on the phone.

It's like when you burn a CD or MP3's sure you can crank them up but they will start to sound like crap. The problem isn't the media (in this case, RF), it's the lack of amplifcation at the other end. Look for a louder bluetooth demodulator. What you are suggesting is like calling the radio station and telling them to crank up there output to make your stereo louder.

Last edited by gedster314; 07-21-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

topdawgn8 is becoming a great contributor

I'm not sure how your receiver's interface is, but on mine there is a separate volume control on it. I stream from my computer to my stereo via bluetooth. Even if my computer/stereo is up all the way it won't be loud unless I turn up the receiver. I don't know how much you paod for yours, but I found mine on Amazon for like $15 shipped and it works great. I wish I had a model number to give, but I'm sitting on a bus at Disney world right now...maybe when I get home.

Again I don't know if the receiver's volume control is your problem-- that's just what I've experienced in the past.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:39 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Lowranger is a n00b

gedster314, I appreciate the reply. Just to be clear, I'm not using a headset but the cd players in my boat and vehicles. The only headset I own is a Jabra BT 8040 that I use to take calls and play the audio from my Slingbox or Sprint TV. It's a2dp. The volume to the Jabra is weak as well but plenty for watching tv or taking calls. Where the volume levels are a problem is when I want to "crank the tunes".
topdawgn8, The Sony has no controls at all, simply an on/off switch. Maybe you can post your receiver's model # when you get a chance. I think I paid $60 for the Sony but I can still return it.

Last edited by Lowranger; 07-21-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:35 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Lowranger is a n00b

I feel kinda silly but the answer MAY have been here all along. Somehow I missed this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11482 . I have the same registry subkey and it's value is 100. I googled HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\Bluetooth\PhoneVol and got two DIFFERENT hits. Both suggest a value of 255.
It seems like a quantum leap from 100 to 255. Has anyone tried it ?
Old 07-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

CMeys is keeping up the good workCMeys is keeping up the good work

Let me know how it goes if you try it.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

tcatnat is becoming a great contributor

Has anyone tried this yet? My bluetooth volume on my Sprint Touch is also low with a BT8040. I was going to install audiopara but I am confused because it seems like there are manydifferent version out there depending on your specific device.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

KCHruby is a n00b

Regarding the Registry Hack--has anybody tried increasing the value more than 255? Does anybody know what will happen? Will my phone explode?

Seriously, my phone was at 250, I increased it to 255 but would still like it louder. Does anybody know if going above 255 would cause any problems?

Thanks,

KCHruby
Old 07-30-2008, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

tcatnat is becoming a great contributor

OK, I want to try this edit but for the life of me cannot find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\Bluetooth\PhoneVol . I have installed Total Commander to do the registry edit and I looked in the Windows folder but see nothing. I have done registry edits on my PC before but never my mobile device. Also, if someone can recommend a better registry editor it would be appreciated. Not sure I like Total Commander.

TIA
Old 07-30-2008, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

anticowboyism is a n00b

I have that registry location using PHM registry editor. Which ROM do you have?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue