PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Every1 Who Owns Htc Touch Read This Water Damage Seal (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32147)

adilzz 07-17-2008 12:32 AM

Every1 Who Owns Htc Touch Read This Water Damage Seal

ITS ON THE BACK OF YOUR PHONE A LITTLE WHITE STRIP MAKE SURE U DO NOT GET IT WET CUZ I LEARNT THAT THE HARD WAY ANS THE PHONE IN THE RAIN ONCE AND SCREWED SO TAKE GOOD CARE OF THAT PART MAINLY :headbang:

avgas100 07-17-2008 01:27 AM

Re: Every1 Who Owns Htc Touch Read This Water Damage Seal

can someone decipher his message for me?

stevedog1 07-17-2008 01:32 AM

I think I can decipher his Ebonics. I think he is saying: Dont get your phone wet because there is a watermark sticker inside the battery compartment, that changes from white to red when it comes in contact with water and then Sprint wont warranty it.

But, Who doesn't know this already anyways? :scratch: DONT USE YOUR PHONE IN THE RAIN! ](*,)

Compusmurf 07-17-2008 08:40 AM

well, I've looked all over my battery compartment. Where might this strip be? I can't seem to find it.

nxtech3 07-17-2008 09:30 AM

two places on the touch, upper right hand corner and bottom towards the middle right. Wow major breaking news!!!!! That was almost as exciting as a new official ROM or another fine No2Chem release!!!!

DDrake 07-17-2008 10:28 AM

TEP, or ERP insurance will cover that with a deductable, call Signal at 1-888-352-9182 or Asurion at 1-800-584-3666 to make claim.

rstoyguy 07-17-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adilzz (Post 349911)
ITS ON THE BACK OF YOUR PHONE A LITTLE WHITE STRIP MAKE SURE U DO NOT GET IT WET CUZ I LEARNT THAT THE HARD WAY ANS THE PHONE IN THE RAIN ONCE AND SCREWED SO TAKE GOOD CARE OF THAT PART MAINLY :headbang:

I've sold wireless for about 16 years now, and that is a fairly common practice on most phones today. Most phones have at least two watermark stickers. One on the battery, and one inside the back cover somewhere.

e_town 07-17-2008 04:34 PM

Whenever i get a new phone, i CAREFULLY remove those stickers and place them in a little baggie in my safe. Ever need to return the phone for warranty, i just glue them back on.

adilzz 07-17-2008 04:40 PM

i didnt kno what in the first place i thought id share it with every1 :p basically open your back cover and look right bekiw ur battery ull see a little white rectriangle thats the water damage proof thing ...

mikcvr 07-17-2008 04:42 PM

If my phone gets wet and toasted, I'll throw it in a lake and make a lost phone claim, pay the $50 deductible and get a new phone. Same goes for a scratched up touch screen or a a bad ROM. Just toss the phone and and make a lost phone claim, That's what you pay for the insurance for.

WarRaven 07-17-2008 05:02 PM

Carry a small ziplock baggie in your wallet.

WR

Rabid_Gypsy 07-17-2008 06:15 PM

That would be nice, but I noticed that Adilzz referenced Telus. I'm on telus as well, and there is no replacement insurance with them, I don't think that any of the 3 canadian carriers have replacement insurance.

Keyone 07-17-2008 08:02 PM

I've taken great care of my Touch for about a year now and have never had any sort of water contact; however, my Touch's water seal on the bottom (rectangular) turned red at some point for no reason at all. The seal on the top (next to the speaker phone) is fine though. I was a bit angered, but I know there is nothing I can do.

Recently I looked at my friend's Touch as well and for whatever reason, the same thing happened to him. He didn't even notice it until I mentioned it. One sticker turned red and the other didn't. Anyone else have this happen?

badchad 07-17-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e_town (Post 350901)
Whenever i get a new phone, i CAREFULLY remove those stickers and place them in a little baggie in my safe. Ever need to return the phone for warranty, i just glue them back on.

Any tips? That sucker is tiny and it looks like you'd just destroy if you tried picking at it.

I assume soaking it in water beforehand to loosen it up is out of the question.

riironman 07-17-2008 08:57 PM

maybe white out?

ryanbg 07-17-2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarRaven (Post 350952)
Carry a small ziplock baggie in your wallet.

WR

Haha I can imagine if you were ever searched by the police and they asked you what those dots in the bag were for. "It's so my warranty isn't voided if I get my phone wet! I swear!". That's what they all say son...

Compusmurf 07-17-2008 09:06 PM

Ok, I must either be blind or looking for the wrong thing. Can someone take a quickie photo of it and post it someplace, maybe with big red arrows saying "look here, dummy"? LOL

omegax 07-17-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adilzz (Post 350910)
i didnt kno what in the first place i thought id share it with every1 :p basically open your back cover and look right bekiw ur battery ull see a little white rectriangle thats the water damage proof thing ...

public schools at their finest.

odyssey3001 07-18-2008 07:01 AM

There's just one water damage indicator (WDI) on the Vogue placed near the bottom center of the battery compartment. The white sticker on the top right by the speaker is not a WDI; it's a warranty sticker covering a screw. I took my Vogue apart a few days ago. I did not notice any WDI inside the phone. I think Sprint deliberately placed that WDI so close to the outer edge. If you're too worried about it just cover it up with scotch tape but place a piece of paper of the same size on it before you do; otherwise the tape will stick to it and might rip it off when you attempt to remove the tape.

buddhatikkigod 07-18-2008 08:25 AM

adilizz.... do you speak english?

Compusmurf 07-18-2008 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odyssey3001 (Post 351744)
There's just one water damage indicator (WDI) on the Vogue placed near the bottom center of the battery compartment. The white sticker on the top right by the speaker is not a WDI; it's a warranty sticker covering a screw. .

Odyssey,

I think you just pointed out what I was missing. I was actually looking for a "sticker" that seemed out of the ordinary.

My "sticker" in the lower portion of the back, is actually in a recessed area of the plastic. I actually assumed it was part of the design and not an actual sticker. Good to know. Keeps the mind sharp to learn new things every day.

Now, off to plan how to cover this "sticker" without it being obvious....

WarRaven 07-18-2008 01:38 PM

lmao no not purple micro-dots.

I meant put the phone in the bag when caught in less then ideal conditions.

Btw fyi, i have 3 Touch's, an P4000, all bought on day of release here, and non have changed status via litmus.

I make sure to avoid condensation via, showers, leaving in car overnight etc...just the dang mist in the air is very damaging to a unit being packed or used.

Be vigilant.

WR

blackrook 07-28-2008 04:28 PM

Glad I read this. I always have my phone in humid conditions in my line of work. I covered the WDI with tape and a tiny piece of paper, hopefully that'll prevent any condensation from contacting it.

Bell has been so good to me with this phone! I returned it twice, once because I thought the signal was pretty crappy (turns out it was just the two locations I'm always in, school and home) so they ordered me a brand new replacement.. then I dropped that one, killed the screen, and they gave me another one. PM me for the name and location of the Bell store I go to if you need it.

darren.wlsn1 07-28-2008 04:55 PM

bleech and a qtip worked for me.

htcusername 03-07-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e_town (Post 350901)

i have a htc diamond and my sticker is void from moisture damage. it has never been wet but the sticked has turned pink.

is there any where i can get these stickers to replace it. also if this person i have quoted has one that would be great. mine is a square and it turns from white to pink

whitey10tc 03-08-2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htcusername (Post 1613459)
i have a htc diamond and my sticker is void from moisture damage. it has never been wet but the sticked has turned pink.

is there any where i can get these stickers to replace it. also if this person i have quoted has one that would be great. mine is a square and it turns from white to pink

Are you returning it for warranty or selling it? If not why worry about it.

lemans 04-09-2010 08:56 PM

Are there any additional water damage indicators inside the body of the phone on an HTC Touch Pro 2 that cannot be seen without removing the screws holding it together. My indicators on the outside appear normal, but I am afraid I have gotten water inside the mini usb port as I cannot connect with my computer anymore.

horndoctor 04-09-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemans (Post 1690701)
Are there any additional water damage indicators inside the body of the phone on an HTC Touch Pro 2 that cannot be seen without removing the screws holding it together. My indicators on the outside appear normal, but I am afraid I have gotten water inside the mini usb port as I cannot connect with my computer anymore.

Wrong forum dude. ;)
Repost in the TP2 forum:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97

inertone 04-19-2010 06:42 PM

i doubt a 3 page thread was necessary for this lol

Princess 06-22-2010 06:47 PM

I was told today that it is a pink dot under the battery cover on the side of the phone and a pink dot on the bottom of the battery itself (I seen it). It turns red if it get wet. As well, these little water indicators are all through the insides of the phone. So be careful. Even like charging it in the kitchen or perspiration I'm told. Thanks.