PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Every1 Who Owns Htc Touch Read This Water Damage Seal (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32147)

adilzz 07-17-2008 12:32 AM

Every1 Who Owns Htc Touch Read This Water Damage Seal

ITS ON THE BACK OF YOUR PHONE A LITTLE WHITE STRIP MAKE SURE U DO NOT GET IT WET CUZ I LEARNT THAT THE HARD WAY ANS THE PHONE IN THE RAIN ONCE AND SCREWED SO TAKE GOOD CARE OF THAT PART MAINLY :headbang:

avgas100 07-17-2008 01:27 AM

Re: Every1 Who Owns Htc Touch Read This Water Damage Seal

can someone decipher his message for me?

stevedog1 07-17-2008 01:32 AM

I think I can decipher his Ebonics. I think he is saying: Dont get your phone wet because there is a watermark sticker inside the battery compartment, that changes from white to red when it comes in contact with water and then Sprint wont warranty it.

But, Who doesn't know this already anyways? :scratch: DONT USE YOUR PHONE IN THE RAIN! ](*,)

Compusmurf 07-17-2008 08:40 AM

well, I've looked all over my battery compartment. Where might this strip be? I can't seem to find it.

nxtech3 07-17-2008 09:30 AM

two places on the touch, upper right hand corner and bottom towards the middle right. Wow major breaking news!!!!! That was almost as exciting as a new official ROM or another fine No2Chem release!!!!

DDrake 07-17-2008 10:28 AM

TEP, or ERP insurance will cover that with a deductable, call Signal at 1-888-352-9182 or Asurion at 1-800-584-3666 to make claim.

rstoyguy 07-17-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adilzz (Post 349911)
ITS ON THE BACK OF YOUR PHONE A LITTLE WHITE STRIP MAKE SURE U DO NOT GET IT WET CUZ I LEARNT THAT THE HARD WAY ANS THE PHONE IN THE RAIN ONCE AND SCREWED SO TAKE GOOD CARE OF THAT PART MAINLY :headbang:

I've sold wireless for about 16 years now, and that is a fairly common practice on most phones today. Most phones have at least two watermark stickers. One on the battery, and one inside the back cover somewhere.

e_town 07-17-2008 04:34 PM

Whenever i get a new phone, i CAREFULLY remove those stickers and place them in a little baggie in my safe. Ever need to return the phone for warranty, i just glue them back on.

adilzz 07-17-2008 04:40 PM

i didnt kno what in the first place i thought id share it with every1 :p basically open your back cover and look right bekiw ur battery ull see a little white rectriangle thats the water damage proof thing ...

mikcvr 07-17-2008 04:42 PM

If my phone gets wet and toasted, I'll throw it in a lake and make a lost phone claim, pay the $50 deductible and get a new phone. Same goes for a scratched up touch screen or a a bad ROM. Just toss the phone and and make a lost phone claim, That's what you pay for the insurance for.