PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 01:10 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to restore Verizon Vogue Standalone GPS

Howdy. As most of you might know the WM6.1 MR1 ROM for Verizon locks your standalone GPS to VZ Navigator. You can go the easy route and just use aGPS but if you don't have a data plan or don't like how aGPS is sometimes inaccurate for a few seconds, you need standalone GPS. So sit back, get your phone and USB cable ready, grab a soda water and let's get our Standlone GPS going

What you'll need:
1. Verizon Touch/Vouge/6900
2. MiniUSB Data cable
3. ActiveSync for XP or Windows Mobile Device Center for Vista
4. ZIP of tools located here
5. Time and patience

1. Connect to ActiveSync or Windows Mobile device Center and run Coke Unlocker 0.41. There will be on-screen instructions so follow those.

2. After the unlocking is done, get into to bootloader (Power+Camera+Reset) and flash Radio 1.xx.

3. After the pre-GPS radio installs WM might not boot up, that is okay, just make sure you are in bootloader. If you stayed in bootlaoder after then flash, unplug the cable then plug it back in.

4. Okay, now let's flash the WM6 stock Verizon ROM. Just open the folder and open the excutable like the radio. After it is finsihed the phone will boot up.

5. After the boot up LET THE CUSTOMIZATIONS RUN! This will get us our 1.37 PRI back.

6. After the phone resets, go to Settings>System>Device Imformation. If you see 1.37 in the PRI section, we are doing great and now we need to continue. If you still see the PRI 2.03 PRI, do a hard reset (Send+End+Reset) and let the customizations run again. It should work the first time but not always so do it a second time.

7. Well we've made it this far and now we are doing great! Let's get into bootlaoder mode and finish what we started.

8. Let's go ahead and install the 3.xx radio (It actually is 3.42.50). Just run the excutable in the folder as we have been.

9. The phone probably will not go past the splash screen since we have a 3.xx radio on a pre-GPS ROM. That's okay, let's go back into bootloader mode.

10. Now we need to flash a WM6.1/WM6.5 ROM, if you'd like you can flash my Vogue rom from here.

11. After the RUU is done the phone will boot up, now you may think "great we're done!". Not quite, don't get too excited as this next part requires us to work fast.

12. Open up Windows Mobile Device Center or ActiveSync and the 2.31 unlocker.

13. Get the unlocker all the way to the point where the command window is open stating something like "Connect to ActiveSync before..."

14. Do a soft reset on the Vogue, the plug in the MiniUSB cable.

15. When the phone boots up and ActiveSync is connected hit Enter for the unlocker. Follow the instructions like we did for the previous unlocker. The reason we need to flash 2.31 is so we will be on a current GPS SPL. If we stay on 0.4x we will get in a reboot cycle, not what we want.

16. Congrats! We now have the most current radio, unlocked Standalone GPS, and hopefully a good custom ROM. =D>

Note: From the changing of radios, your phone may not have service, dial *228 option 1 to re-program your device.

Well, there you have it! Standalone GPS is no longer locked to us Verizon users who either got a device with the 2.03 PRI or made the mistake of flashing MR1.

If you found this guide useful feel free to send me a some love. Enjoy your free GPS Verizon Vogue users!

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.

Last edited by PDAPhoneJunkie; 08-09-2009 at 01:29 AM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim X51v, Tilt, 8525 VX6900, Imagio
Carrier: AT&T & Verizon

jadesse is becoming a great contributor
Re: How to restore Verizon Vogue Standalone GPS

Thanks for posting this & I am sure it will get a lot of use.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quick question for you. What if someone has already tried getting their GPS to work & had no luck. They have aldeady unlocked thier phone with 2.31? Is it still possible to unlock the standalone GPS?
Old 08-12-2009, 04:38 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadesse View Post
Quick question for you. What if someone has already tried getting their GPS to work & had no luck. They have aldeady unlocked thier phone with 2.31? Is it still possible to unlock the standalone GPS?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. It does not matter if you're unlocked or not. If it helps any unlock with 0.40 and flash to stock MR1 then do this whole process.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. It does not matter if you're unlocked or not. If it helps any unlock with 0.40 and flash to stock MR1 then do this whole process.
The reason that I asked is that people are still having issues. Granted they didn't follow your tutorial.

They may have followed one of these two.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=533639

http://wiki.ppchaven.com/index.php?t...IX_VERIZON_GPS

Thier issue is that they do have satalite activity but cannont get a lock. This is when they have a PRI that is 1.37_002.

Your tutorial doesn't even refference the aGPS fix & I don't think you need to do with either of the above.

But question was you don't need to try getting the origanal SPL back. You can go back to .41 from 2.31.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

Quadman is a n00b

I don't quite understand 11. thru 15. On direction 11 the RUU is done the phone will boot up do i let customizations run? Can you simplify the directions more plz? How can you open active sync and the unlocker at the same time? Thx

Last edited by Quadman; 08-12-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:20 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

Quote:
The reason that I asked is that people are still having issues. Granted they didn't follow your tutorial.

They may have followed one of these two.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=533639

http://wiki.ppchaven.com/index.php?t...IX_VERIZON_GPS

Thier issue is that they do have satalite activity but cannont get a lock. This is when they have a PRI that is 1.37_002.

Your tutorial doesn't even refference the aGPS fix & I don't think you need to do with either of the above.

But question was you don't need to try getting the origanal SPL back. You can go back to .41 from 2.31.
I don't know why they wouldn't get a lock, I get perfect locks with the 1.37 PRI.

I don't mention the aGPS fix because I don't use it. I use standalone, for people like me who want standalone we need it.

I'm taking it as you saying "You can't go back to 0.41 from 2.31". WHo told you that? I have done it and it works just fine.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
I don't know why they wouldn't get a lock, I get perfect locks with the 1.37 PRI.

I don't mention the aGPS fix because I don't use it. I use standalone, for people like me who want standalone we need it.

I'm taking it as you saying "You can't go back to 0.41 from 2.31". WHo told you that? I have done it and it works just fine.
That was my question was whether or not you could go back to .41 from 2.31 safely. I justed wanted to verify before I point some to your thread & they brick their phone becasue I told them to do something they shouldn't have.

I have no problems with locks either but then again my GPS has always fuctioned from day one by not letting the customizatios run with WM6.1. I wasn't perfect but it worked.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:49 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

Quote:
That was my question was whether or not you could go back to .41 from 2.31 safely. I justed wanted to verify before I point some to your thread & they brick their phone becasue I told them to do something they shouldn't have.

I have no problems with locks either but then again my GPS has always fuctioned from day one by not letting the customizatios run with WM6.1. I wasn't perfect but it worked.
Ah, gotcha, your sentence wasn't in a question format so I didn't understand. Yeah, the whole thing about reverting is non-sense, I have done it countless times.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:53 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadman View Post
I don't quite understand 11. thru 15. On direction 11 the RUU is done the phone will boot up do i let customizations run? Can you simplify the directions more plz? How can you open active sync and the unlocker at the same time? Thx
If you're flashing a custom ROM they probably won't run. If they do, reset the device before. You open up both programs and get them ready to update the Vogue's SPL. These instructions don't get any simpler...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue