PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2008, 10:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf
Re: Every1 Who Owns Htc Touch Read This Water Damage Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey3001 View Post
There's just one water damage indicator (WDI) on the Vogue placed near the bottom center of the battery compartment. The white sticker on the top right by the speaker is not a WDI; it's a warranty sticker covering a screw. .
Odyssey,

I think you just pointed out what I was missing. I was actually looking for a "sticker" that seemed out of the ordinary.

My "sticker" in the lower portion of the back, is actually in a recessed area of the plastic. I actually assumed it was part of the design and not an actual sticker. Good to know. Keeps the mind sharp to learn new things every day.

Now, off to plan how to cover this "sticker" without it being obvious....
Old 07-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Telus

WarRaven is a n00b

lmao no not purple micro-dots.

I meant put the phone in the bag when caught in less then ideal conditions.

Btw fyi, i have 3 Touch's, an P4000, all bought on day of release here, and non have changed status via litmus.

I make sure to avoid condensation via, showers, leaving in car overnight etc...just the dang mist in the air is very damaging to a unit being packed or used.

Be vigilant.

WR
Old 07-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Touch)
Carrier: Bell

blackrook is a n00b

Glad I read this. I always have my phone in humid conditions in my line of work. I covered the WDI with tape and a tiny piece of paper, hopefully that'll prevent any condensation from contacting it.

Bell has been so good to me with this phone! I returned it twice, once because I thought the signal was pretty crappy (turns out it was just the two locations I'm always in, school and home) so they ordered me a brand new replacement.. then I dropped that one, killed the screen, and they gave me another one. PM me for the name and location of the Bell store I go to if you need it.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:55 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

bleech and a qtip worked for me.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mine
Carrier: mine

htcusername is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_town View Post
Whenever i get a new phone, i CAREFULLY remove those stickers and place them in a little baggie in my safe. Ever need to return the phone for warranty, i just glue them back on.

i have a htc diamond and my sticker is void from moisture damage. it has never been wet but the sticked has turned pink.

is there any where i can get these stickers to replace it. also if this person i have quoted has one that would be great. mine is a square and it turns from white to pink
Old 03-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcusername View Post
i have a htc diamond and my sticker is void from moisture damage. it has never been wet but the sticked has turned pink.

is there any where i can get these stickers to replace it. also if this person i have quoted has one that would be great. mine is a square and it turns from white to pink
Are you returning it for warranty or selling it? If not why worry about it.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

lemans is a n00b

Are there any additional water damage indicators inside the body of the phone on an HTC Touch Pro 2 that cannot be seen without removing the screws holding it together. My indicators on the outside appear normal, but I am afraid I have gotten water inside the mini usb port as I cannot connect with my computer anymore.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans View Post
Are there any additional water damage indicators inside the body of the phone on an HTC Touch Pro 2 that cannot be seen without removing the screws holding it together. My indicators on the outside appear normal, but I am afraid I have gotten water inside the mini usb port as I cannot connect with my computer anymore.
Wrong forum dude.
Repost in the TP2 forum:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97
Old 04-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (XV6900) dual boot Android
Carrier: Money Grabbin' Verizon

inertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to inertone

i doubt a 3 page thread was necessary for this lol
Old 06-22-2010, 06:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Pro
Carrier: spriint

Princess is a n00b

I was told today that it is a pink dot under the battery cover on the side of the phone and a pink dot on the bottom of the battery itself (I seen it). It turns red if it get wet. As well, these little water indicators are all through the insides of the phone. So be careful. Even like charging it in the kitchen or perspiration I'm told. Thanks.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue