PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Every1 Who Owns Htc Touch Read This Water Damage Seal (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32147)

Compusmurf 07-18-2008 10:31 AM

Re: Every1 Who Owns Htc Touch Read This Water Damage Seal

Quote:

Originally Posted by odyssey3001 (Post 351744)
There's just one water damage indicator (WDI) on the Vogue placed near the bottom center of the battery compartment. The white sticker on the top right by the speaker is not a WDI; it's a warranty sticker covering a screw. .

Odyssey,

I think you just pointed out what I was missing. I was actually looking for a "sticker" that seemed out of the ordinary.

My "sticker" in the lower portion of the back, is actually in a recessed area of the plastic. I actually assumed it was part of the design and not an actual sticker. Good to know. Keeps the mind sharp to learn new things every day.

Now, off to plan how to cover this "sticker" without it being obvious....

WarRaven 07-18-2008 01:38 PM

lmao no not purple micro-dots.

I meant put the phone in the bag when caught in less then ideal conditions.

Btw fyi, i have 3 Touch's, an P4000, all bought on day of release here, and non have changed status via litmus.

I make sure to avoid condensation via, showers, leaving in car overnight etc...just the dang mist in the air is very damaging to a unit being packed or used.

Be vigilant.

WR

blackrook 07-28-2008 04:28 PM

Glad I read this. I always have my phone in humid conditions in my line of work. I covered the WDI with tape and a tiny piece of paper, hopefully that'll prevent any condensation from contacting it.

Bell has been so good to me with this phone! I returned it twice, once because I thought the signal was pretty crappy (turns out it was just the two locations I'm always in, school and home) so they ordered me a brand new replacement.. then I dropped that one, killed the screen, and they gave me another one. PM me for the name and location of the Bell store I go to if you need it.

darren.wlsn1 07-28-2008 04:55 PM

bleech and a qtip worked for me.

htcusername 03-07-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e_town (Post 350901)
Whenever i get a new phone, i CAREFULLY remove those stickers and place them in a little baggie in my safe. Ever need to return the phone for warranty, i just glue them back on.

i have a htc diamond and my sticker is void from moisture damage. it has never been wet but the sticked has turned pink.

is there any where i can get these stickers to replace it. also if this person i have quoted has one that would be great. mine is a square and it turns from white to pink

whitey10tc 03-08-2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htcusername (Post 1613459)
i have a htc diamond and my sticker is void from moisture damage. it has never been wet but the sticked has turned pink.

is there any where i can get these stickers to replace it. also if this person i have quoted has one that would be great. mine is a square and it turns from white to pink

Are you returning it for warranty or selling it? If not why worry about it.

lemans 04-09-2010 08:56 PM

Are there any additional water damage indicators inside the body of the phone on an HTC Touch Pro 2 that cannot be seen without removing the screws holding it together. My indicators on the outside appear normal, but I am afraid I have gotten water inside the mini usb port as I cannot connect with my computer anymore.

horndoctor 04-09-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemans (Post 1690701)
Are there any additional water damage indicators inside the body of the phone on an HTC Touch Pro 2 that cannot be seen without removing the screws holding it together. My indicators on the outside appear normal, but I am afraid I have gotten water inside the mini usb port as I cannot connect with my computer anymore.

Wrong forum dude. ;)
Repost in the TP2 forum:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97

inertone 04-19-2010 06:42 PM

i doubt a 3 page thread was necessary for this lol

Princess 06-22-2010 06:47 PM

I was told today that it is a pink dot under the battery cover on the side of the phone and a pink dot on the bottom of the battery itself (I seen it). It turns red if it get wet. As well, these little water indicators are all through the insides of the phone. So be careful. Even like charging it in the kitchen or perspiration I'm told. Thanks.