PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Every1 Who Owns Htc Touch Read This Water Damage Seal (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32147)

WarRaven 07-17-2008 05:02 PM

Re: Every1 Who Owns Htc Touch Read This Water Damage Seal

Carry a small ziplock baggie in your wallet.

WR

Rabid_Gypsy 07-17-2008 06:15 PM

That would be nice, but I noticed that Adilzz referenced Telus. I'm on telus as well, and there is no replacement insurance with them, I don't think that any of the 3 canadian carriers have replacement insurance.

Keyone 07-17-2008 08:02 PM

I've taken great care of my Touch for about a year now and have never had any sort of water contact; however, my Touch's water seal on the bottom (rectangular) turned red at some point for no reason at all. The seal on the top (next to the speaker phone) is fine though. I was a bit angered, but I know there is nothing I can do.

Recently I looked at my friend's Touch as well and for whatever reason, the same thing happened to him. He didn't even notice it until I mentioned it. One sticker turned red and the other didn't. Anyone else have this happen?

badchad 07-17-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e_town (Post 350901)
Whenever i get a new phone, i CAREFULLY remove those stickers and place them in a little baggie in my safe. Ever need to return the phone for warranty, i just glue them back on.

Any tips? That sucker is tiny and it looks like you'd just destroy if you tried picking at it.

I assume soaking it in water beforehand to loosen it up is out of the question.

riironman 07-17-2008 08:57 PM

maybe white out?

ryanbg 07-17-2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarRaven (Post 350952)
Carry a small ziplock baggie in your wallet.

WR

Haha I can imagine if you were ever searched by the police and they asked you what those dots in the bag were for. "It's so my warranty isn't voided if I get my phone wet! I swear!". That's what they all say son...

Compusmurf 07-17-2008 09:06 PM

Ok, I must either be blind or looking for the wrong thing. Can someone take a quickie photo of it and post it someplace, maybe with big red arrows saying "look here, dummy"? LOL

omegax 07-17-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adilzz (Post 350910)
i didnt kno what in the first place i thought id share it with every1 :p basically open your back cover and look right bekiw ur battery ull see a little white rectriangle thats the water damage proof thing ...

public schools at their finest.

odyssey3001 07-18-2008 07:01 AM

There's just one water damage indicator (WDI) on the Vogue placed near the bottom center of the battery compartment. The white sticker on the top right by the speaker is not a WDI; it's a warranty sticker covering a screw. I took my Vogue apart a few days ago. I did not notice any WDI inside the phone. I think Sprint deliberately placed that WDI so close to the outer edge. If you're too worried about it just cover it up with scotch tape but place a piece of paper of the same size on it before you do; otherwise the tape will stick to it and might rip it off when you attempt to remove the tape.

buddhatikkigod 07-18-2008 08:25 AM

adilizz.... do you speak english?