PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 10:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo-lution
Carrier: Sprint

karong is keeping up the good workkarong is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Done with the Touch!!!

I'm so done with the Touch Im about to throw it out the window. 2 weeks ago i updated to the "official" Sprint ROM, the first couple days were ok then it started freezing while I was on Opera Mini that required sift resets to fix. Then it started to freeze on incoming calls. I did a hard reset, still the same problems after that. I reflashed the ROm, did a hard reset and it worked for a day or 2 then it wouldn't come out of standby. I flashed again this time to OMJ custom ROM. That worked ok for a few days then it also wouldnt come out of standby so i did ANOTHER hard reset and that didnt fix it so im just giving up. My phone didnt have these issues until i updated to 6.1. only apps ive installed was fullscreen keyboard, PCM keyboard, google maps and Opera mini. nothing else. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 07-16-2008, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch by HTCâ„¢

joe3789 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Done with the Touch!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karong View Post
I'm so done with the Touch Im about to throw it out the window. 2 weeks ago i updated to the "official" Sprint ROM, the first couple days were ok then it started freezing while I was on Opera Mini that required sift resets to fix. Then it started to freeze on incoming calls. I did a hard reset, still the same problems after that. I reflashed the ROm, did a hard reset and it worked for a day or 2 then it wouldn't come out of standby. I flashed again this time to OMJ custom ROM. That worked ok for a few days then it also wouldnt come out of standby so i did ANOTHER hard reset and that didnt fix it so im just giving up. My phone didnt have these issues until i updated to 6.1. only apps ive installed was fullscreen keyboard, PCM keyboard, google maps and Opera mini. nothing else. Has this happened to anyone else?

Good reason to wait until the real Official is released BY SPRINT or HTC. Or you try and roll back to the official Sprint WM 6.0 stock ROM. Good luck. Sorry for your troubles. There are other ROMs that may work better for WM6.1, though. Don't give up dude. Well ... then again, it is a Microsoft product ...
Old 07-16-2008, 10:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH

atoy74 is a n00b

I've updated numerous times with different ROMs and haven't experienced your issues.

Don't know what to tell you. Maybe it's a physical problem.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Prē

klubhead is becoming a great contributor

go here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=19071
install the original stock ROM from sprint and just wait for the official release

if that doesnt fix your problems for now it just might be a hardware problem
Old 07-16-2008, 12:06 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I updated to the first 'official' leaked rom and have no problems. Put the stock rom back and file an insurance claim on that ish.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Not having any problems with my "official leaked" rom. I think you might just have a defective phone or it could be user error. See if you can swap it out at a sprint store.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klubhead View Post
go here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=19071
install the original stock ROM from sprint and just wait for the official release

if that doesnt fix your problems for now it just might be a hardware problem
Thanks I'll try that. I thought it may be just a defect too but like i said it worked fine before the flash
Old 07-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by karong View Post
not to be rude, but you do realize that you did upgrade to a rom that sprint does not support, the rom you download was never intended to be released outside of sprint. So is not your own fault for placing a rom on your phone that is not supported?

I talked to a sprint tech and he told me that the reason it has opera in it is that a sprint employee used sprint resources to build a custom rom with 6.1 in that is in testing but with out opera in it. The only phone that will have opera is the newer touch diamond and touch pro, or still not an iphone slayer since the diamond only has 4mb and no sd card and the touch pro has only 128mb onboard storage, less then the mogul by half! but will have the sd card slot unlike the diamond
Old 07-16-2008, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzuchowski View Post
not to be rude, but you do realize that you did upgrade to a rom that sprint does not support, the rom you download was never intended to be released outside of sprint. So is not your own fault for placing a rom on your phone that is not supported?
Of course I know its a rom that Sprint. If it was I would have went to their tech support immediately. I know that its always a risk using leaked or cooked roms. I was just telling my experience with this rom and if anyone else was having similar issues.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

The Touch is a great phone! What would you possible switch to? Sorry to hear your having problems but thats the risk you take when you start moding the phone. Just CYA, add the insurance to your plan, mod the hell out of it, if you cant fix, file an insurance claim.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue