PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 08:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch

jeffrey23 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just wondering....

Hey guys ...I was doing a little thinking..and I'm sure this has been thought up before....and please bare with me..I dont knwo much about rom making, how long and the effort it takes for ppl to make them..but i'm sure its hard work...anyways...I was just wondering when the diamond comes out here in north america...would it be possible to completely rip the interface from the diamond, tweak it to work on the touch, and then flash the touch...so that they are pretty much identical..I know you can get diamond themes and use SPB shell 2.1 but thats only like a skin....would it be possible to actually flash the touch with a diamond rom from the orginal phone ...do you guys get what i'm saying???

Thanks for any responses....
Old 07-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Just wondering....

no. its vga and your touch is qvga. plus people have already tried.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:07 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

and if im not mistaken, the interface of the diamond is a skin as well. they didnt rework how windows mobile worked, htc just made their own skin for it. correct me if im wrong though.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Banned User

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
and if im not mistaken, the interface of the diamond is a skin as well. they didnt rework how windows mobile worked, htc just made their own skin for it. correct me if im wrong though.
Im not sure. I never read that, but it sounds legit.... so is that what 'manilla' is? HTC's 'theme' for windows.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:49 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

jeffrey23 is a n00b

hmmmm...i have heard of that before..so can we get this theme to work on the touch???
Old 07-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Banned User

NO! we just stated that.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:05 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

jeffrey23 is a n00b

welll.....i have googled...and yes you can get really similar theme thats also named manilla..but its looks complicated to install
Old 07-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Banned User

There is also a wad one that is similar. it should be releasing soon. when it is i will post you a link.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue