PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Carrier: Verizon

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do Sprint User steps apply to Sprint Vogues on other networks?

Hey guys, i just got ahold of a bad esn 6900... so far ive been able to unlock it and flash first the imcokeman provided sprint rom then the imcokeman provided alltell rom then (immediatly after i read about some horror stories of people flashing the alltel rom to their Sprint 6900) to a quickly made PpcKitchen built rom using the 20226 files.

Im not well versed with the 6900 at all, i am familiar with applying roms to my 6700 but i am a lazy-dumb stoner so like the majority of users i learned just what i needed to learn, i did donate a bit of money but its nowhere near equal to how much effort has been put into these programs and mods and how useful they have been to me.

But i am learning, problem is my 6700 was legit and older when i first bought it so i wasnt afraid to mess it up this 6900 i got very lucky with, a brand new model with a stolen ESN for $100 with all accessories. Problem is, no warranty so i'm a bit more scared of messing it up.

Ive gotten a verizon rom on here but as i go along i see steps for doing certain things and a lot of times (especially in regards to GPS enabling) their are different or not as many steps for the Sprint model. Is this because the Sprint model is physically different, or is it because the rom or network that Sprint provides is different?

I would automatically think it was roms/service but the Sprint model is a different color and does seem to be seperate in a few ways. The packaging was very nice... is it the same for all 6900s? Also this is seperate but the model had very early radio and rom versions and was listed as an 11/07/07 date but the software cd provided and the box all listed the manufacture date as 05/01/08. Can anyone use the cd i have?

Anyways ive gone off into unrelated stuff but my main question is: is the sprint phone physically different (besides color?) and would someone with a Sprint phone on a seperate network need to follow Sprint steps when following directions?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue