PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6850 (HTC Touch pro)
Carrier: Verizon

JWhipple is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Shoutcast - how to make it work on XV6900?

Are there any apps out there or how-to documents that enable Shoutcast on a XV6900 ?

Any help is appreciated!
Old 07-10-2008, 11:26 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
Re: Shoutcast - how to make it work on XV6900?

tcpmp is able to play shoutcast streams. i use it all the time. still gotta go thru your web browser and open it though.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:42 AM
unr
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

unr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to unr

you can use resco radio to save/play the streams whenever. The interface is nice because it has 10 large buttons to start your favorite stations. There is another app that actually pulls the stations from shoutcast so you wouldn't have to save them as with Resco but the interface was not touch friendly and I uninstalled it... can't remember what it was called right now.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6850 (HTC Touch pro)
Threadstarter

JWhipple is becoming a great contributor

THanks guys!

I've read that Resco is a PITA to setup though...

Any truth to this?
Old 07-10-2008, 06:50 PM
unr
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / HTC Touch

unr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to unr

No, It's very straight forward. In fact, you don't even need to reinstall it when you do a ROM upgrade, just enter your key and you're good to go again, with all your stations/options saved.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I use gsplayer, it's free ! I goto shoutcast click on the link to open a stream and then save the .pls file to my card and then open the file from gsplayer. gsplayer is super easy to set up. Just go into options then change the file association to .pls file.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

ny152 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularny152 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularny152 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Conduits Pocket Player will also stream shoutcast stations using a tap and play interface within the program itself... the Pocket Player cost is $19.95. However, I'd forgotten about gsplayer... thanks for the reminder. Will try it on my Touch... if it works with shoutcast, it's bye-bye to the trial version of Pocket Player.

UPDATE: Gsplayer works perfectly...playing my mp3 files and with Shoutcast. Pocket Player is toast on my Touch.

Last edited by ny152; 07-24-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny152 View Post
Conduits Pocket Player will also stream shoutcast stations using a tap and play interface within the program itself... the Pocket Player cost is $19.95. However, I'd forgotten about gsplayer... thanks for the reminder. Will try it on my Touch... if it works with shoutcast, it's bye-bye to the trial version of Pocket Player.

UPDATE: Gsplayer works perfectly...playing my mp3 files and with Shoutcast. Pocket Player is toast on my Touch.
Your welcome.. I have since discovered that streaming stations from shoutcast through gsplayer have stopped working on my touch. Havent tested if they still work on my mogul. I'm not sure if it's sprints end or my device. I can confirm that all stations display the same type of behaviour though. They just dont stream.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

ny152 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularny152 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularny152 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Marcus, did you do the rom update to your touch? I bought my Touch last week and updated immediately before installing any apps. With shoutcast, I d/l the pls files to "my documents" and when the station is streaming via gsplayer, I rename the pls file with a station id.pls so I can tap on the file and it'll open and stream the station through gsplayer without having to go through shoutcast. Another thought, did you check your associations in gsplayer? Is pls checked??

Thanks again for reminding me about this super app... I've been using pocket pcs for so long... so many apps over the years, my memory sometimes fails me!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue