PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 07:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Bell HTC Touch
Carrier: Aliant

cosmanja is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question New and need some info

Looking for a bit of info. I've been doing some searching on the forums but can't seem to find the info I'm looking for.

First I have the Canadain Bell HTC Touch phone which I gather is the same version as the HTC Vogue except we're not GSM. I currently am running Windows 6 Professional build number CE OS 5.2.1620 (build 18125.0.4.2). From everything I understand Bell Aliant in Canada hasn't enabled the GPS functionality of the phone (am I right in saying this?). Since the GPS isn't working would it hurt my phone to flash it with a ROM that has GPS enabled?

I've been looking at the different roms and quite a few of them had caught my eye and I know the process is to unlock the phone and then install the ROM but is it pretty much the clear cut? I've seen a few different phone unlockers; which makes me question which one I should use and such.

I'm knew to the HTC Touch ROM's and quite interested in getting involved in it. Any information you guys could help me with would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff
Re: New and need some info

first, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17473 - this is the way to flash and the links to the programs are there. There are only 2 unlockers and if you want GPS, use imcokeman's vogue 2.31 unlocker. I have a friend on Bell and the BEST by far ROM is this - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29399 . we've tried a bunch, and this works best. We used the newest Sprint ROM to upgrade the radio.

ROM: DarkRoot
Old 07-11-2008, 01:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps
Re: New and need some info

Not entirley sure, but I think you should flash a stock GPS/RevA Rom (Alltel or leaked Sprint...mkae sure you dont let customizations run) Once you do that, your radio is upgraded to GPS/RevA enabled. You're then free to use ImCokeMan's unlocker...and then flash whatever ROM you want.

If unsure, read the stickies in the upgrade section, read them again, and then read them a third time if need be. If you still are confused or need help, feel free to click the chat tab on the top of the screen to go to the PPCGeeks IRC chatroom. The people who frequent that room are mostly very helpful, and are very familiar with the process. Some of them are the actual developers, programmers, and ROM creators.

And welcome to PPCGeeks

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue