PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   MusicFlo 1.22 - Updated August 27, 08 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30253)

Musicman247 06-26-2008 02:31 AM

MusicFlo 1.22 - Updated August 27, 08

3 Attachment(s)
Introducing MusicFlo
Last Updated 8-27-08: 3:56 PM GMT-6

Version 1.22 changes
-fixed clock
-removed Weather Auto Update
-fixed restart-startup error
-fixed various other small bugs

Version 1.21 changes:
-Contact screen bug fix

If you have already upgraded to 1.2, you can replace the EXE with the one below, otherwise use the CAB.

Version 1.2 changes
-Clock uses graphics (found in \Icons\Numbers)
-lower memory usage
-faster start-up
-9 contacts per page
-new graphics ( thanks to chriscsh and poorlyduck)
-button press animations
-Top bar with date and tab info
-contact picture centering
-tab transitions
-3 configurable cities for weather (Dallas,TX, Paris, France and Tokyo Japan
are default)
-5 day forecast for each city
-Automatic Weather Update (30 min, 1 Hour, 2 Hours, 6 Hours, 1 Day)
-2 home screens; 1 clock and messages, 1 clock and calendar
-stays on top of Today screen
-ringer on/off/vibrate selection panel
-control panel with access to comm manager, Today screen, Phone settings,
backlight strength, Task Manager, toggle buttons for BT and Wifi, and an Exit
Application button (no more double-taps)
-You no longer need to seperately install the HTC Apps. They are included
-Full screen music controls
-editable page names
-Time changes with TimeZone
-customizable startup animation
-xml commented documentation

http://www.musicman247.com/images/FinalAnimation.gif

Unfortunately this version is so drastically different from the previous version a full install is required.

Things in the next big release:
-Landscape mode

New Feature instructions:
-Tap left side of status/top bar for Control Panel
-Swipe down on the Control Panel to slide it down
-Tap middle-right side of status/top bar for ringer controls
-tap far right side of status/top bar for system information (thanks to
wissys.exe)
-Tap left or right side of Weather Tab to cycle through the three cities
-Tap the middle of weather tab to go between CUrrent and 5-day forecast
-Tap Home Slider to go between Clock/Messages and 5-day tree-view calendar
-Tap Appointments on the 5-day calendar to pop-up details about the event
-Tap and hold on the top bar to change the name of the page

I'll try and get a video up tomorrow. Enjoy!

Version 1.011 changes:
- signal bars fixed
- Program "Clear" button moved to allow re-assignment without clearing.

Version 1.01 bug fixes:
- signal bars tweaked for accuracy
- favorite up/down buttons fixed

New CAB and new EXE + system.png added.

If you have already installed and don't want to lose your settings, replace your MusicFlo.exe and place system.png in \Icons folder of MusicFlo.

Okay, couple of updates:

New status bar that not only displays information, but provides new functionality.
Status bar displays: Signal strength (up to 5 bars), Carrier name, Wifi Power status, BT Power status, Data connection status, ring profile (on, vibrate, off), and battery level

If you tap on:
Signal strength up to Wifi - opens CommManager.exe
BT to Ringer Profile - cycles through profiles (on -> vibrate -> off)
Battery - Opens Powerexe.exe

Home screen now displays next Calendar Appointment. Tap it to open calendar.exe, OR add <Calendar ref="Path to Your Calendar Program"/> to data.xml for it to open a different Calendar program

Tap on the Slider in the Home Position to open TaskMgr.exe, OR add <TaskMan ref="Path to Your Task Manager"/> to data.xml to have it open your own task manager.
Also added a "Clear" Button for Contacts and Programs that will reset the selected button.

Bug Fixes:
- Memory Leaks
- Program Button image duplication
- SMS error on newly assigned contacts
- Other system bugs
- Smaller icons for better performance
- Battery Meter

Next update will include:
- Skinnable Clock on Home Screen

Alright, I've had a couple of weeks to work out the bugs and to implement most of the suggestions you guys gave me.
So, here is the new and improved MusicFlo

Get Icon from most programs
Suppports png transparency for Program Icons
Fully customizable graphics (all pics found in \Program Files\MusicFlo)
Size and position of Program and Contact buttons now on config.xml
Try it out and let me know what you think!
The CAB will overwrite the original MusicFlo, so no uninstall necessary.
You still need the two HTC apps in your Windows folder if you don't have them already.

Not on video: Open S2P by clicking the album art on the Control Panel.

Original Post:
Making Cube Skins is fun for a while, but then you realize that you are just prettying up someone elses program, and who knows what changes that program will go through in just a few months. So I decided to give programming my own "Cube" a shot.
I listened to what people were asking for with the Cubes. Here's what most of you said you wanted:

- more icons
- a changable background
- more than one contact page
- web favorites
- general information on one side

So I set out with that in mind, MusicFlo has four individual screens.

One for General info which includes:
- a TouchFlo 2 style clock
- notifications for new email, text messages, missed calls, and voicemail

One for programs with TouchFlo style interface (up to 9 pages of 9 buttons each)

One for contacts with TouchFlo Style interface (up to 9 pages of 6 contacts each)

One for Favorites with the ability to take a screenshot of the web page for "Visual Favorites" (up to 9 pages of 4 Favs each)

The configuration is built into each screen. Simply tap and hold to make the buttons start to shake, then tap the button you would like to configure, or tap the background to change the background image and change how many program, contact, or favorite buttons you would like.

This is my first programming work, so please let me know what you think. I am pleased with what I have accomplished. I know it's not much compared to other programs out there, but if you're looking for a simple, fast, non-memory-hogging FREE Application/Contact/Favorite launcher, I think you'll like MusicFlo.

I want to thank up2no6ood for creating the icon style for MusicFlo. Without him the icons would be boring.

Technical stuff:
MusicFlo calls two programs that are built in to most HTC ROMs, MakePhoneCall.exe and MakeVMail.exe. If you don't have these programs installed, download the HTCApps.zip and unzip both programs into your Windows directory on your phone.

MusicFlo can be edited directly from the Program, or by editing data.xml in the \Program Files\MusicFlo folder. The very first entry is called "Browser". Change it if you use something other than Pie for your web browsing.
Only add buttons through the program itself. Adding entries in the xml file won't do anything, and it could mess you up later on, so only add buttons (Progs, Contacts, Favs) through the program interface. I'll try and get a YouTube video up later for a walk-through.

ENJOY! I know I am!

P.S. - For quick access I use AEButton Plus to change the long press of my dpad button to MusicFlo.

P.P.S.- Added Icon Pack (MusicFlopng.zip)

P.P.P.S. - To make MusicFlo open with a swipe up (ROMs with Cubes only) move MusicFlo.exe to Windows folder and rename to Biotouch.exe
Update 5/27/08 - fixed functionality for programs on Storage Cards

Musicman247 08-19-2008 07:04 AM

Re: MusicFlo - Updated July19, 08

Version 1.2 is up now!

Last Updated 8-19-08: 5:42 AM GMT-6

Version 1.2 changes
-Clock uses graphics (found in \Icons\Numbers)
-lower memory usage
-faster start-up
-9 contacts per page
-new graphics ( thanks to chriscsh and poorlyduck)
-button press animations
-Top bar with date and tab info
-contact picture centering
-tab transitions
-3 configurable cities for weather (Dallas,TX, Paris, France and Tokyo Japan
are default)
-5 day forecast for each city
-Automatic Weather Update (30 min, 1 Hour, 2 Hours, 6 Hours, 1 Day)
-2 home screens; 1 clock and messages, 1 clock and calendar
-stays on top of Today screen
-ringer on/off/vibrate selection panel
-control panel with access to comm manager, Today screen, Phone settings,
backlight strength, Task Manager, toggle buttons for BT and Wifi, and an Exit
Application button (no more double-taps)
-You no longer need to seperately install the HTC Apps. They are included
-Full screen music controls
-editable page names
-Time changes with TimeZone
-customizable startup animation
-xml commented documentation

http://www.musicman247.com/images/FinalAnimation.gif

Unfortunately this version is so drastically different from the previous version a full install is required.

anthony67 08-19-2008 08:58 AM

Re: MusicFlo - Updated August 19, 08

You're amazing....thank you for your time and effort........

drew8484 08-19-2008 10:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I uninstalled previous versions of MusicFlo, and installed the new version. At startup I get an error as follows:

I'll keep playing with it.

InvincibleLiving 08-19-2008 10:34 AM

nice nice nice... great work musicman!

drew8484 08-19-2008 12:01 PM

OK. I reinstalled previous versions, then version 1.2. It still will not automatically open on start up, but I can open it from programs. I've rebooted, and taken the battery out, and still doesn't open on start up. But major kudos to Musicman. This program is miles ahead of the last version. This is great.

Journeyjeans 08-19-2008 12:58 PM

You're a GOD of the ppc world! Thanks!

anthony67 08-19-2008 12:59 PM

I've been playing around with this off and on now for the past couple of hours and I have to say that it's by far the best app I've used. I've been through RLToday, HHC, SPB, WAD and a few other that mixed "all of the above" together to create the theme. This new version is simply amazing!!!! Great looks.....great animations......keep up the fantastic work....you are my hero and when I grow up I wanna be just like you.....hehe!!!

skyheli 08-19-2008 01:10 PM

any ideas on this error ?

MusicFlo.exe
NullReferenceException

at MusicFlo.Form1.Move_To_Progs()
at MusicFlo.Form1.PictureBox1_Click()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WnProc()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc()
at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()
at MusicFlo.Form1.Main()

Musicman247 08-19-2008 02:14 PM

what can I do to replicate it? In other words, what arw you doing when the error occurs?

bolt-on 08-19-2008 02:34 PM

I'm having problems also. Musicflo does not start at bootup. I have to manually start it. When I enter my location in the weather tab it hangs my system and I have to soft reboot. Switching screens (home, apps, etc...) is very slow. I need to play with it alittle longer to see ifI can figure out what is going on.

Previous versions worked fine.

CozBoogie 08-19-2008 02:52 PM

FYI, I've archived a bunch of posts related to previous versions.

Thanks,
Coz

skyheli 08-19-2008 03:01 PM

I moved from programs to contacts and I get the error. It does not happen the first time I bring up the contacts. It happens the next time I choose contacts.

My touch is very simple. I dont run any addins. I only use the polen vista 6 side cube. The main screen has the HTC home screen and calendar.

I hope this helps.......

Musicman247 08-19-2008 03:06 PM

I can't replicate the error, unfortunately.

Version 1.21 is out, though. It fixes the Contact Screen bug where it would only dial the top left contact.

skyheli 08-19-2008 03:07 PM

Another bug I found is what ever I pick as my first contact on the dialer. All the rest of them dial the first contact.

Musicman247 08-19-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyheli (Post 387492)
Another bug I found is what ever I pick as my first contact on the dialer. All the rest of them dial the first contact.

See above post. ;-)

thisguyinoc 08-19-2008 03:29 PM

What is the new icons .zip file for?

Musicman247 08-19-2008 04:03 PM

They are new icons that match the new btton style

bolt-on 08-19-2008 04:09 PM

It appears the city location in the weather tab needs to be entered with all uppercase letters. Lower case letters causes musicflo to crash.

drew8484 08-19-2008 04:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I installed the new exe and renamed it BioTouch and placed it in windows. Music flo opens at start up, opens the Home screen, then displays the error shown in the attached (3) screen shots. After I close the error screen I can load music flo with a swipe up. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

thisguyinoc 08-19-2008 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicman247 (Post 387585)
They are new icons that match the new btton style

Do we need to download it and unzip it to somewhere or are they included in the cab already?

Musicman247 08-19-2008 08:25 PM

download it and unzip the folder to \My Documents then you can select them for programs that musicflo can't get icons from.

Whosdaman 08-19-2008 08:33 PM

Music, I've seemed to notice that this version is very unstable....like it's quitting all the time....anyway to fix this?

Also where are the registries made at Music?

martianmarv 08-19-2008 08:52 PM

when i downloaded... I get an error intializing .NET framework...

timbo3344 08-20-2008 09:36 AM

looks great but its crashing randomly while im clicking through the slider. sometimes an error and sometimes just freezing; I can post the error later if you need. also is there a setting to make the animation quicker between the slider options?

P007889 08-20-2008 12:00 PM

P.P.P.S. - To make MusicFlo open with a swipe up (ROMs with Cubes only) move MusicFlo.exe to Windows folder and rename to Biotouch.exe

how can i do this? biotouch is a read only file and it wont let me replace it.

thanks in advance....Daniel

uofirob 08-20-2008 12:12 PM

Thanks for this, but unfortunately it hangs if you click through the slider too quickly apparently. The "Unspecified error" is:

MusicFlo.exe Object Disposed Exception
at Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAR()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Bounds()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Left()
at MusicFlo.Form1.Timer1_Tick()
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer._WnProc()
at System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationThreadContext._Int ernalContextMessages()
at Microsfot.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()
at MusicFlo.Form1.Main()

This error only came up because I had tried to close it after it froze.

Hope this helps with debugging! This is an awesome program! Keep it up!

One thing I'd like to see fixed: If I do set this over biotouch, when I go into the mail (by clicking on mail) I can no longer slide my finger from left to right or right to left to go between e-mail accounts, it instead will bring up musicFlo. I don't know how you would be able to fix this, although if you made MusicFlo go to the generic E-mail box where you can see all the accounts and their message count, this issue wouldn't be as annoying. I've had to turn my biotouch back again unfortunately so I can work normally.

Thanks again!

SocalTouch 08-20-2008 12:25 PM

Bug report - Version 1.21 (installed using cab)

MusicMan,

Really appreciate the great work that went into this new version 1.21 and I am loving some of the great features you added here. Here are a few bugs I have found so far, some more important than others (but rest assured this remains my favorite today-screen/cube replacement even with these bugs!) -

1) Most Important : Looks like stability is definitely a issue. One thing that I consistently find that crashes the application is if you click a slider and then another slider quickly while the animation for the first one has not stopped. A quick-fix could be to make the animation quicker but I leave you to make the best decision based on the program-code.

2) The newest cab (1.21) installs on main memory even if you specify storage-card during installation (Not a big-deal for me)

3) Clicking the home-screen slider launches the 5-day tree-like calendar but this calendar does not show recurring meetings (Not a big-deal for me)

4) The location of screen-shots for visual browser favorites is still the folder under main-memory only. Can this be put in config file? (Again not a big deal for me)

5) Possible User Error! The feature to flick up from any slider to bring S2P controls seems to be gone. Has this feature been removed or has it been moved somewhere else.

Thanks for all the time and effort you are putting into my favorite today/cube replacement! keep up the great work!

Journeyjeans 08-20-2008 01:15 PM

Great proggy! Along with the errors already mentioned, I'll say if you guys want to use a wallpaper, make sure it's the right size (320x240 I think)

I tried to use some awesome iPhone wallpapers (320x480), and the size crashes the proggy ( the 1.011 version too). It'll crash too if I use pics from the 2MP camera.

Not really a bug, just resize your wallpapers.

:-)

Journeyjeans 08-20-2008 01:16 PM

Great proggy! Along with the errors already mentioned, I'll say if you guys want to use a wallpaper, make sure it's the right size (240x320 I think)

I tried to use some awesome iPhone wallpapers (320x480), and the size crashes the proggy ( the 1.011 version too). It'll crash too if I use pics from the 2MP camera.

Not really a bug, just resize your wallpapers.

:-)

drew8484 08-20-2008 01:22 PM

In addition to the bugs listed above:
-still shows error when phone boots up.
-only 1st page of contacts can be named (no big deal)
-weather auto update does not work, even after phone rebooted I need to update weather.
I'll echo everyone above...this is an awesome program.

anthony67 08-20-2008 01:45 PM

The only problem I've been having is the clock is always 1 hour behind no matter how I have it set....other than that I have not been experiencing the problems listed above. I think the clock problem started after I installed v1.21 exe.

ronnieespinal 08-20-2008 02:48 PM

no landscape support :(

Musicman247 08-20-2008 03:03 PM

v1.22 will address all the bugs you guys have found. Great job!

Sorry, ronnieespinal, landscape support is scheduled for v1.3, and to be honest is looking pretty difficult. But I'll press on.

setabs 08-20-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P007889 (Post 388674)

how can i do this? biotouch is a read only file and it wont let me replace it.

thanks in advance....Daniel

Use Total Commander to change the read only status of biotouch and then move it over using total commander as well. It is a much better file explorer then "file explorer". then soft reset

Musicman247 08-20-2008 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by setabs (Post 388968)
Use Total Commander to change the read only status of biotouch and then move it over using total commander as well. It is a much better file explorer then "file explorer". then soft reset

What I did was move MusicFlo.exe over to \Windows using File Explorer, then rename Biotouch.exe to Biotouche, and then re-name MusicFlo to Biotouch. It will overwrite it automatically (make sure you've saved a copy of Biotouch just in case!).

All bugs have been squashed except one...the clock. Still working on it. Anybody have any experience with programming clocks?

Tenny 08-20-2008 06:08 PM

Not to be rude, but is it kind of sluggish?

I know that even the HTC's TouchFlo is sluggish on the Diamond, so I can't imagine this will be fast. I've tried several other touchflo's and they were all too slow for me. Thus why I am asking this question.

Still great work, looks great!

Musicman247 08-20-2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenny (Post 389137)
Not to be rude, but is it kind of sluggish?

I know that even the HTC's TouchFlo is sluggish on the Diamond, so I can't imagine this will be fast. I've tried several other touchflo's and they were all too slow for me. Thus why I am asking this question.

Still great work, looks great!

It's moderately fast.

I'm thinking about releasing a "Speedy" version that does away with animations. Any interest, or does everybody still want stuff to move?

setabs 08-20-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicman247 (Post 389139)
It's moderately fast.

I'm thinking about releasing a "Speedy" version that does away with animations. Any interest, or does everybody still want stuff to move?

I wouldn't mind trying out a speedy version, but I would not want it to steal you away from the regular version.

Musicman247 08-20-2008 07:34 PM

It would just be a matter of commenting out some code. I'll check it out.