PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell

goldengraham is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint PPST on Bell Mobility Touch

Hey people,
I've read several peoples posts saying that they've used Sprints PPST.exe on Bell Mobility Touch and have had improved radio performance and no negative side effect. I would like to do this myself. Could somebody who has done this please give me a Step by Step if it is any different than running it on the Sprint Touch?

Many thanks ahead of time.
GG
Old 06-09-2008, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

plemen is just getting started
Re: Sprint PPST on Bell Mobility Touch

goldengraham there are already several threads on this; check near the end of these two thread - lots of info and peoples experiences (fyi it works really well):

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26410
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26585

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengraham View Post
Hey people,
I've read several peoples posts saying that they've used Sprints PPST.exe on Bell Mobility Touch and have had improved radio performance and no negative side effect. I would like to do this myself. Could somebody who has done this please give me a Step by Step if it is any different than running it on the Sprint Touch?

Many thanks ahead of time.
GG
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Alright, we're in business here now. Gonna flash JD's ROM in a couple mins (have OMJ's currently) but this works anyways.

Downloaded Sprint PPST.cab from p29 of the first link you sent me. Ran it on my PPC, after it finished, went into the Windows folder and ran the PPST.exe file. Bam! works great.

PRI v. 2.03_003.
GPS works much better outside, inside still sucks but I'm in either a basement apartment or an all metal building. Cold locks outside in under a minute EVERY TIME! Internet still works, phone still works! No roaming or anything.

Much Kuudos.
GG
Old 06-10-2008, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

ludester is becoming a great contributor

You ran PPST from here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=290 on your bell touch and haven't run into any problems?
Old 06-11-2008, 12:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ludester - check out the threads I posted above - I believe it is safe to say that its very safe to run ppst for Bell. I ran mine over a week ago and everythings running great. I've done at least 3 other phones and they are all working well. Really does improve the GPS...

The key is to only run ppst; don't do any of the other post ppst steps recommended for Verizon, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludester View Post
You ran PPST from here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=290 on your bell touch and haven't run into any problems?
Old 06-11-2008, 09:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok, I think I over reacted. GPS is still touch and go. Sometimes (from cold) I get a lock within a minute outside. Other times it takes forever or doesnt lock at all. (also outside). I'm going to try the GPSMode 4 thing again and see if that helps.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yeah GPS is BETTER but not instant for me. I'm pretty happy with this as my Touch gets faster locks than my other portable GPS unit so I suppose its safe to say it's arrived. Also, prior to running PPST I would get a GPS connection one or two times and after that I would never get a connection no matter how long I waited - I would have to do a soft reset. Now I don't ever have to do a soft-reset; I always get a reconnection.

I'm at gpsmode 2 and this seems to be working well. Let me know how your's works at gpsmode 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengraham View Post
Ok, I think I over reacted. GPS is still touch and go. Sometimes (from cold) I get a lock within a minute outside. Other times it takes forever or doesnt lock at all. (also outside). I'm going to try the GPSMode 4 thing again and see if that helps.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

Duuuuude is a n00b

Hey guys, just thought I'd throw my limited experience into the ring here as a fellow Bell user:
  • Flashed with the leaked Sprint ROM to upgrade the radio and after finally unlocking and trying a bunch of ROMS, I have finally settled on OMJ's 6.1 Bell ROM (great ROM!)
  • GPS worked pretty well with at least a 5 minute wait for a lock. Used about a week this way, then,
  • applied the hybrid mode regedit and noticed 1 or 2 more satellites and it would actually lock from inside my house, which it wouldn't do before. It also seemed to hang on to signal longer where I would normally lose a signal before (eg, underground parkade) Cached maybe?
  • After much reading last night I finally caved in and ran the PPST Sprint CAB and then executed the PPST.exe file in the Windows directory and it updated my PRI(?) to 2.02 and I haven't noticed too much difference yet but I'll keep you posted. No lost internet or phone and I didn't use any of the crazy # or * codes; just did what I said above.
To summarize, I found that the regedit change made the biggest difference so far. I am loving the GPS!
Old 06-13-2008, 01:16 AM
Lurker

frad is a n00b

Hi All,

For those of you that ran the PPST.exe file, what carrier is listed on the HTC Home today screen widget? Does it still say Bell Mobility?

I'd like to run it, but I am very surprised that it seems to not have any adverse affects. Everyone can still make calls and connect to the internet?
Old 06-13-2008, 01:33 AM
N00b

GoChris is a n00b

I ran it, it did not really fix my gps, or even made it better. but it has not affected anything else, calls and data still work fine.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue