PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2008, 01:42 AM
Lurker

Glorfindale is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Just doesn't seem to get there, help needed.

Guys, I really need some help with this...

I flushed to sprint ROM and currently have the correct Radio and unlocked custom kitchen Verizon ROM.

My phone is constantly in roaming status, it doesn't go away and if I put it into Home Only mode, it loses network completely.

My GPS is unlocked, but I cannot get a lock on anything. It doesn't work.

I don't understand what's going on with it and how to fix it. The only thing I was able to find that may or may not be causing this is my PRI version is 2.03_003, which I believe is different from Verizon's. I might have reset it too late when Sprint rom was running an automatic update....

I don't know what to do at this point....I reromed, reprogrammed, and did hard resets, still unable to find anything.

Any help would be really greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 06-05-2008, 01:51 AM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1
Re: Just doesn't seem to get there, help needed.

Im not too sure but I think you have to downgrade to the .40 unlocker and flash it with the OEM Verizon ROM (if there is one). I would browse through the Vogue Upgrade forum for more information on this. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good Luck with this.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

sputnikkk is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedog1 View Post
Im not too sure but I think you have to downgrade to the .40 unlocker and flash it with the OEM Verizon ROM (if there is one). I would browse through the Vogue Upgrade forum for more information on this. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good Luck with this.
No - just call vzw tech support and get a new a-key and user auth password if you have the data plan. After you flashed the rom your phone isnt authorized on the VZW network anymore.

Get to a ROm you like for vzw - then call tech support and play dumb or tell them you need a new akey.

Worked on my vogue touch last weekend. Same issues.

Word is you dont want to try and downgrade back to the stock rom and radio - cuz once the radio is upgraded - funky stuff happens once you try and downgrade.

You be fine. Have VZW re-provision your phone - you'll be ok.

Read more here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=26410&page=23

start at that page and read forward - theres some Verizon guys like us in there grinding it out ...

Last edited by sputnikkk; 06-05-2008 at 02:14 AM.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:26 AM
THE HENCHMAN

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP

If I am understanding him correctly, he can make calls its just that the phone thinks it is roaming, which is NOT an authentication issue. If that was the case, he would get the recording "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. Your phone cannot be authenticated. Please call 611 for assistance." It seems that he has the incorrect PRL (the one for another provider) which is why when he puts it to "Home Only" he gets no service (reception) at all.

GLORFINDALE- Have you tried to update your PRL by dialing *228 send? Sometimes you have to even try different combinations like *22803 send.....*22804 send...Until you hear a recording that says, "Welcome to Verizon Wireless Over The Air programming...." Then it asks you to press 1 to program your phone OR press 2 to Update your Roaming list. You want option number 2, but just for kicks I would do Option 1 and then call back once its finished programming, and do Option 2...just to be safe.

Let me know if this helps.

Last edited by stevedog1; 06-05-2008 at 02:40 AM.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:37 AM
THE HENCHMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnikkk View Post
After you flashed the rom your phone isnt authorized on the VZW network anymore.
This is not true. Authentication has to do with the ESN and MIN on the handset, nothing else. What ROM you flash on your phone has nothing at all to do with an A-Key issue. So flashing a new ROM would not magically Un-Authorize youre phone on the VZW network. It simply doesn't work that way.

Last edited by stevedog1; 06-05-2008 at 02:43 AM.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedog1 View Post
This is not true. Authentication has to do with the ESN and MIN on the handset, nothing else. What ROM you flash on your phone has nothing at all to do with an A-Key issue.
Just going by what I understood to be the issue. Sounds like the same damn thing that happened to me - and it took a call to VZW tech support to fix. Im clear you know way more than me.

I dialed *228 and did options 1 and 2 - it appeared like that did something but it really did not.

Good luck.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:58 AM
THE HENCHMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnikkk View Post
Just going by what I understood to be the issue. Sounds like the same damn thing that happened to me - and it took a call to VZW tech support to fix. Im clear you know way more than me.

I dialed *228 and did options 1 and 2 - it appeared like that did something but it really did not.

Good luck.
Im sorry. I did not mean to offend you, and I doubt that I know more than you. I just know a little about authentication issues because of being a vzw sales rep for numerous years, and had to deal with it quite often. That is all.

Again, please accept my apologies for coming off the way I did. I understand that we are all just trying to help.

Last edited by stevedog1; 06-05-2008 at 03:06 AM.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:35 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Glorfindale is a n00b

Thanks for the reply, guys. I'm able to make a receive calls, also to browse the internet. Just keeps roaming and GPS is not working. I could call tech support, but I'm slightly nervous that I'll have to give out the info for all the changes that I've done.

I mean if worst comes to worst, I could just mess it up completely and do a warranty replacement, but I would just really like to get it to work. I don't think I'll be *charged* roaming for anything, but it seems things only went downhill.

I did try *228 and both options 1 and 2, both are going through ok, and test call is good. Did hard reset too, my PRL version seems to be ok, still researching the net....
Old 06-05-2008, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Deep in this thread below - it is discussed that xv6900 users on verizon are having to pretty much ALL call VZW tech support after flashing to the roms and after doing the radio upgrade. Coincidence? I dunno the tech issues behind it ... PRL / PRI / Radio version 3.317xyz - abc whatever ....

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25335

All I know is I had the almost / if not identical issues on my xv6900 touch on the verizon network - and all roads led to calling vzw tech support. I had to do it twice ... as I was testing stuff. The 2nd time was for the roaming issues. I couldnt get net access but could make calls - roaming.

Tech support helped me install a new a-key - reporvision and reprogram, then we cured the net access by clearing up a user/pwd setting in the phone and them resetting some things on their network.

So ... YMMV. Just 1 man's recent experience.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

More food for thought

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=346
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue