PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2008, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

DssTrainer is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2.13.00 radio. How do i get to a 3.xx radio???!

I've read every sticky across the board and they all give contradicting information.

I have a new Touch. It has 2.13.00 radio on it.
I ran the ImCokeMan unlocker 0.41. I verified it was on there.
Now what?! What rom do I use to get the updated radio?! All I see is people offering roms that need to already have 3.xx on there.. but nobody tells you how to get there from 2.xx.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION
Re: 2.13.00 radio. How do i get to a 3.xx radio???!

hold on ill hook you up with some links and stuff.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 06-05-2008, 12:47 AM
Livin' Dangerously

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions

unlock your phone with 2.31 which is found here.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370

then flash this stock rom it is found near the bottom of the first post. go here.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26114

then you will be able to flash all gps vogue ROMs.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

See that Vogue 3.02 rom says:

-You will need to unlock with Coke 2.31 and have radio 3.35+

But is that just bad info and will work as long as I have 2.31 unlocker and a 2.13.00 radio?
Old 06-05-2008, 01:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok I see you are referring to the original rom. I did try flashing that one once with the 0.41 unlocker. But it froze at 46%, recovered and did it again to 46%. Then I tried Alltel rom and it loaded but had empty values for the radio and prl... and said "Test Only". But it loaded.

I am trying it again with the 2.31 unlocker. Currently at 16%....

-EDIT-
Success! Now I see "Test Only" but the R: 3.37.15
Now I will try the new Almost OEM Sprint rom
Thanks!

Last edited by DssTrainer; 06-05-2008 at 01:08 AM.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

black_mamba is just getting started

Pretty much everything you need to know is in the stickies, specifically this post on consolidated rev a tutorial http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24979
Those are the exact instructions I followed when I did mine. Long story short, unlock with ImCoKeMaN 2.31 unlocker, flash with any rom that includes a 3.x radio (Alltel or leaked Sprint), then you can re-flash again with any 3.x rom of your choice. That's just a summary of the process. There are many details to pay attention to so you don't brick your phone. Following the directions in the mentioned thread carefully is key.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:21 AM
Livin' Dangerously

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_mamba View Post
Pretty much everything you need to know is in the stickies, specifically this post on consolidated rev a tutorial http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24979
Those are the exact instructions I followed when I did mine. Long story short, unlock with ImCoKeMaN 2.31 unlocker, flash with any rom that includes a 3.x radio (Alltel or leaked Sprint), then you can re-flash again with any 3.x rom of your choice. That's just a summary of the process. There are many details to pay attention to so you don't brick your phone. Following the directions in the mentioned thread carefully is key.
dude he has already got the leaked ROM all we are waiting on now is for a moderator to close and delete the thread.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue