PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 03:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Reliance

Etrnlwanderer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need to delete Sprint dialer and IOTA settings

I'm running the Sprint Leaked ROM on a network in India. I've enabled my network dialer for the phone and calls can be made just about perfectly with the phone. The only hitch I'm facing is that when I try to connect to the Net, the default Sprint dialer takes precedence over my network dialers and isn't able to connect. It dials the default Sprint PCS dialer and shows "Trying to enable Vision Services" in the Data Provisioning notification and then it disconnects showing an Error :1012, Unable to prepare Vision service.
How do I delete the default Sprint settings completely from the "Select Networks" settings in the Advanced tab of Connections???
Even if I manually delete the Sprint PCS dialer from the list, it keeps coming back.
I would also like to know if there is a method to manually delete all IOTA references from the registry.

Thanks in advance for all help rendered
Old 06-04-2008, 05:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC XV6900
Carrier: China Telecom

vincentvong is a n00b
Re: Need to delete Sprint dialer and IOTA settings

I also want to know
Old 06-04-2008, 05:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Okta Touch
Carrier: Telecom NZ

njakobs is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrnlwanderer View Post
I'm running the Sprint Leaked ROM on a network in India. I've enabled my network dialer for the phone and calls can be made just about perfectly with the phone. The only hitch I'm facing is that when I try to connect to the Net, the default Sprint dialer takes precedence over my network dialers and isn't able to connect. It dials the default Sprint PCS dialer and shows "Trying to enable Vision Services" in the Data Provisioning notification and then it disconnects showing an Error :1012, Unable to prepare Vision service.
How do I delete the default Sprint settings completely from the "Select Networks" settings in the Advanced tab of Connections???
Even if I manually delete the Sprint PCS dialer from the list, it keeps coming back.
I would also like to know if there is a method to manually delete all IOTA references from the registry.

Thanks in advance for all help rendered
I have had the same problem using sprint roms in New Zealand.

If you create your data connection and select it you should be fine. Don't delete the sprint one as it recreated each time you reset your device. Your data connection should stay selected as long as you don't delete the sprint one.

To get rid f the IOTA provisioning, just delete the IOTA folder out of your program files and everything should be fine.

Hope this helps.
OKTA Touch (NZ)
Old 06-04-2008, 06:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Etrnlwanderer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by njakobs View Post
I have had the same problem using sprint roms in New Zealand.

If you create your data connection and select it you should be fine. Don't delete the sprint one as it recreated each time you reset your device. Your data connection should stay selected as long as you don't delete the sprint one.

To get rid f the IOTA provisioning, just delete the IOTA folder out of your program files and everything should be fine.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for the reply njakobs. The IOTA issue seems to have been resolved by deleting the IOTA folder, but net connectivity still is an issue. Inspite of selecting my network connection, when the browser accesses the Net, by default the Sprint dialer kicks in instead.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue a.k.a Sprint Touch
Carrier: Cricket

berry_lthird is keeping up the good workberry_lthird is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to berry_lthird Send a message via AIM to berry_lthird Send a message via MSN to berry_lthird Send a message via Yahoo to berry_lthird Send a message via Skype™ to berry_lthird

Cricket users had this problem over at Howard Forums. Use Total Commander to replace the HTC_CM_Guardian.exe file in the Windows directory with a dummy blank text document with the same file name.

The procedure is explained in the following link:

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...5&postcount=25

Cheers!
Latest Exploits:
--Sprint HTC Touch Dual NAMs on Cricket and Verizon InPulse with WAP, MMS, Java, EVDO Rev. A, and GPS (Ghettofreeryder's Vista 7 ROM with 3.35 Radio)
--MOTOKRZR K1m Dual NAMs on Cricket and Verizon pre-pay with WAP, MMS, and Brew

My LG VX9900 enV to Cricket Tutorial

Next Hijacks: Helping to liberate my MetroPCS bretheren!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You could also use the kitchen and make yourself a rom using verizon as your carrier, it's pretty generic.

You could also use the leaked Sprint rom and not let the customizations run.

-CC
Old 06-04-2008, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Etrnlwanderer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry_lthird View Post
Cricket users had this problem over at Howard Forums. Use Total Commander to replace the HTC_CM_Guardian.exe file in the Windows directory with a dummy blank text document with the same file name.

The procedure is explained in the following link:

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...5&postcount=25

Cheers!

Awesome!!!! That worked!!!!! Thanks a ton mate!!! I'm indebted to you!!!
Now to figure out how to run Rapiconfig and get rid off all the other Sprint stuff hehe ( Any pointers on that one too?? Would be of great help!)

Thank you once again berry_lthird !!!
Old 06-04-2008, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Etrnlwanderer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
You could also use the kitchen and make yourself a rom using verizon as your carrier, it's pretty generic.

You could also use the leaked Sprint rom and not let the customizations run.

-CC
Thank you for the suggestion clockcycle, but that option doesnt work for me as I never used to let customizations run at all while using the leaked Sprint ROM in the first place, and I still used to get the error, but now berry_lthird's method works perfectly.
Thanks anyways mate
Old 06-04-2008, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue a.k.a Sprint Touch
Carrier: Cricket

berry_lthird is keeping up the good workberry_lthird is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to berry_lthird Send a message via AIM to berry_lthird Send a message via MSN to berry_lthird Send a message via Yahoo to berry_lthird Send a message via Skype™ to berry_lthird

Quote:
Awesome!!!! That worked!!!!! Thanks a ton mate!!! I'm indebted to you!!!
Now to figure out how to run Rapiconfig and get rid off all the other Sprint stuff hehe ( Any pointers on that one too?? Would be of great help!)

Thank you once again berry_lthird !!!
No probleemo: I'm glad I could help!

As for removing the Sprint bloat--do a quick search over at XDA Developer's website for "extended rom unlocker", minus the quotes, of course.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion clockcycle, but that option doesnt work for me as I never used to let customizations run at all while using the leaked Sprint ROM in the first place, and I still used to get the error, but now berry_lthird's method works perfectly.
Thanks anyways mate
Ah ok thanks for the clarification, it's good to know.

Glad you got it sorted.

-CC
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue