PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

lxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Very Weak EV-DO connections on my Touch

Hello first post, long time reader of these forums.

I have had my sprint vogue for about 6 months now. I can never get a high speed EV-DO connction. I live about 10 miles away from sprints headquarters in Kansas City and I get only about 30 kbps connection then quits on me telling me I have a bad connection. It doesnt even go down to a 1X connection. I have called sprint and according to their maps I should have a strong connection, but I dont. At my job which is about 3 miles away from sprint headquarters, this is the best connection I can get:

I see others post WAY higher Speedtest.net connections.

Is there anything I can do to improve my connection? Especially at my home

I know the Touch does not have Rev-A on it yet and I'm a bit scared to upgrade it with a hacked ROM as I may do something wrong and damage my phone.

Thanks a lot for your help
Old 06-04-2008, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mwheeler1982 is keeping up the good workmwheeler1982 is keeping up the good work
Re: Very Weak EV-DO connections on my Touch

Have you tried taking your phone into a Sprint Store? You could try a couple of things:

1) Put the phone in debug mode and compare the signal values to another phone.

-OR-

2) Have them test your EVDO speed against theirs on another phone.

Do you have phone insurance?
Old 06-04-2008, 08:19 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

maybe you just have a bad model
Old 06-05-2008, 01:53 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I say call and order insurance right now if you dont already have it. then in a day or two head to your local sprint repair center and have them test it. if you have insurance take it in tomorrow. thats why you pay for it.

Cause yeah the speed in my sig is from my apt. which is made of brick. my calls cut in an out in certain spots, but i can usually get a strong signal. the 1015 is my highest yet, but i would say i average 600-700kb/s

Last edited by Negrito; 06-05-2008 at 01:56 AM.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

Brad1279 is just getting started

i recently got my mogul iwas getting about 900kbps in my room but now i get about 30kbps but when iam at work in our att wireless building i get my 600-700kbps wierd i dunno know why iam getting crapy coverage at my house now.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good work

I just flashed my phone with the leaked sprint rom, and still very weak connection wherever I go, in fact I think its even worse than before flahsing it. I do have insurance on it, I think I will go to a store and see what they can do for me.

Thanks for your replies
Old 06-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Banned User

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Make sure you flash back before you go. I hear tell they dont like it when we gets all uppity an really customize our PPCs.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Make sure you flash back before you go. I hear tell they dont like it when we gets all uppity an really customize our PPCs.
Can I just reinstall the original sprint rom onto CoKe's 2.31 unlocker? or will I need to do something else. I've been reading that I can not do that since the radio versions are not the same.

Thanks
Old 06-05-2008, 03:16 PM
Banned User

Im not sure i havent flashed before, but i think its actually the radio that they check. Someone please correct me if im wrong.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Here is a new speed test while at my job after flashing to the new leaked sprint rom. As you can see its a lot better, but still less than many speed tests other members are posting here. I guess I'm just in a bad area.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue