PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Lurker

zoomy942 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking for a straight answer for Verizon

Okay, i have a test 6900 and i have been flashing ROM's on it constantly. the question i have is...

why is it so hard to find a plain ROM to use? i mean, i just want a ROM thats exactly like the stock one (without the bloatware) but with the HTC stuff, i.e cube and touchflo, but all these ROMS have added this and changed that, and most of the time there is no MMS on verizon anyway.

i have serached and searched and searched and i cant find a straight answer anywhere
Old 06-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Looking for a straight answer for Verizon

because all the cooks dont want to use a plain rom. You can make one yourself, quite easily
Old 06-03-2008, 06:44 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post
Okay, i have a test 6900 and i have been flashing ROM's on it constantly. the question i have is...

why is it so hard to find a plain ROM to use? i mean, i just want a ROM thats exactly like the stock one (without the bloatware) but with the HTC stuff, i.e cube and touchflo, but all these ROMS have added this and changed that, and most of the time there is no MMS on verizon anyway.

i have serached and searched and searched and i cant find a straight answer anywhere
Check the tutorial in my sig on Adding/Removing programs....Bloat ware usually remains in the ..\kitchen\OEM directory somewhere. Never ripped apart a verizon rom, but it should do the trick.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: VZW

soccerman821 is keeping up the good worksoccerman821 is keeping up the good worksoccerman821 is keeping up the good work

i use jd's rom which is a "clean" rom in which he takes off pretty much everything not needed.. then u can install whatever u like. for verizons mms u can install it as a .cab file its arcsoft mms.. but u have to tweak a few things in registry.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post

I have the same issue and the reason I use the "Stock" Alltel ROM.

I documented everything in this thread below but it is for Sprint. Seems there are more Sprint hackers around and Sprint ROMs to hack with so it seems a little harder and riskier for Verizon folks.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...76&postcount=3
Old 06-04-2008, 03:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: VZW

soccerman821 is keeping up the good worksoccerman821 is keeping up the good worksoccerman821 is keeping up the good work

try this for mms.. should work on any rom

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...46&postcount=2
Old 06-04-2008, 09:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VzW 6900
Carrier: vzw

640k is just getting started

Zoomy, I'm running OMJ's newest VZW "stock" ROM and its as close to stock, while being fully "modified" as I can find (at this moment). It even includes Wireless Sync, which wasn't included with the OEM ROM.

So far its pretty close to stock. Its slow, it has the VZW boot screen and does everything else as it "should".

My problem is finding what is so different about DnJ's and JD's ROMs that make them so lightning fast and still have the OEM ROM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue