PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900

sanderz6900 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What is the best radio?

What is the best radio to use? The one with the least amount of problems that people have run into.

I flashed my phone according to OMJ full custom Verizon ROM. Therefore, I have the 3.37.15 radio. I can never really seem to get GPS to get a fix (it happened once about a week ago). After I reboot, I have to wait 5-10 minutes to get Verizon service again. I don't know if those have to do with the radio, but I thought they might, so if anyone knows a better radio or how to fix these problem let me know.

Thanks!!

Old 06-03-2008, 11:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Re: What is the best radio?

I personally find all radios the same for GPS. They can all be slow or fast depending on conditions.

I have tried all 3 radios for a week each and I find the Titan 3.35 Radio most stable.

I have noticed slow Voice service than on my stock sprint ROM.

After doing all the sprint customizations I think the Voice service start up time is normal again. It dpends some what on what you have running becauses some status is sometimes delayed if you have a lot of start running at startup.

For Verizon I don't know what's the best radio. I think the more important question is how to configure the radio to behave as it did on stock ROM (via Verizon customizations).
Old 06-03-2008, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: VZW

gbenj is just getting started

i liked the overall stability of the 3.39 radio on verizon, gps was consistent. but not great.

i ended up going back to the 3.35 because i think the gps locks a little quicker on average. once in a while i have problems with it, that result in more soft resets than id like, but on average its under 2 min to lock.

average gps lock with 3.39 for me was 3-5 min, but was consistent, and didnt require resets as often.

im sticking with 3.35 until a new rom comes out and i flash again.

good luck, and let us know what u think
Old 06-04-2008, 12:28 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

try KISS FM
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbenj View Post
i liked the overall stability of the 3.39 radio on verizon, gps was consistent. but not great.

i ended up going back to the 3.35 because i think the gps locks a little quicker on average. once in a while i have problems with it, that result in more soft resets than id like, but on average its under 2 min to lock.

average gps lock with 3.39 for me was 3-5 min, but was consistent, and didnt require resets as often.

im sticking with 3.35 until a new rom comes out and i flash again.

good luck, and let us know what u think
Are you saying the shipped Verizon ROM can support GPS? Or Just the Radio does and you still run a derivative of Alltel or Sprint OS ROM to enable it?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue