PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

xCHRISx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch as PS3 Bluray remote?

I looked around for an app but haven't seen any. Just wondering since the PS3 uses Bluetooth to connect it's wireless controllers/remotes, would it be possible to use the Touch as a simple Bluray remote for watching movies on your PS3, via the Bluetooth connection?

If anyone has heard of this, or even has an opinion on if it's even possible, feel free to contribute. Thanks!

-Chris
Old 06-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Touch as PS3 Bluray remote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCHRISx View Post
I looked around for an app but haven't seen any. Just wondering since the PS3 uses Bluetooth to connect it's wireless controllers/remotes, would it be possible to use the Touch as a simple Bluray remote for watching movies on your PS3, via the Bluetooth connection?

If anyone has heard of this, or even has an opinion on if it's even possible, feel free to contribute. Thanks!

-Chris

Never even thought of that, but it would be bad ****ing ***!
Old 06-03-2008, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

vaxick is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vaxick Send a message via Yahoo to vaxick

I was thinking the same thing when I got this phone. Would be really cool if somebody could make a BT remote program for it that we could control our PS3 with.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Prē

klubhead is becoming a great contributor

well i know for a fact you can use certain phones to chat (type) on the ps3, i saw my friend do it yesterday.. so i wouldnt doubt this theory..
Old 06-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

that's a good idea to use it for such a purpose, but the developers are the ones who have to create such an application, so all in all, it would be a true giving. it's also like me using WMWiFiRouter to connect to XBox Live, but the connection is alright since i experimented with it so far.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 06-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Banned User

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by klubhead View Post
well i know for a fact you can use certain phones to chat (type) on the ps3, i saw my friend do it yesterday.. so i wouldnt doubt this theory..
Which phone? was it a ppc device?
Old 06-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

munnarg is keeping up the good workmunnarg is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to munnarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Which phone? was it a ppc device?
Quote:
Originally Posted by klubhead View Post

I'm wondering about this myself
Old 06-03-2008, 02:25 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i tried to connect my mogul with the PS3 and it wouldnt find that device. i tried my Moto 680 BT headset and it synced right to it so either PS3 wont find a mogul or im doing something wrong. Probably the second one lol

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 06-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Banned User

Hrmmm, now that i look at my PS3 in the options for Bluetooth you can only 'register' a bluray remote, a headset, or a keyboard/mouse. If the bluetooth wasnt so constricted on there i would say its totally possible, but now im kind of unsure.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Threadstarter

xCHRISx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Hrmmm, now that i look at my PS3 in the options for Bluetooth you can only 'register' a bluray remote, a headset, or a keyboard/mouse. If the bluetooth wasnt so constricted on there i would say its totally possible, but now im kind of unsure.

There has to be a way to get the phone to emulate being a remote and trick the PS3 into pairing with it, though. You would think..
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue