PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

GuyWithNoLife is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM6.1 Sound Delay in Standby Mode

I've noticed this issue with both the leaked Sprint 6.1/RevA ROM and with the kitchen (I can attach my selections if needed but I've been using the leaked ROM anyway). I've searched and found threads about phones not waking up to receive messages, but that's not my issue.

My phone does receive both emails and text messages correctly (as far as the phone getting them at the correct time). With texts, the functionallity is perfect, the phone vibrates and plays the full notification sound (Alarm3 if anyone cares). With emails, however, the phone will begin to play the sound (maybe a half second) and then pause. If I wait long enough, it'll play another part of the sound. If I take the phone out of standby, it plays the rest of the sound. I used to have it set to vibrate when I got an email, but it would just keep vibrating until I took the phone out of standby (although I kind of like it better now, if it vibrates I know it's a txt message, if not it's an email).

I also will occasionally hear the "Other person ended the call" sound after a several minute delay. I'm assuming this is the same issue, and occuring because I hit the End key and put the phone in Standby, except the phone sees the other person ending the call first and tries to play the End Call sound file (but can't due to the bug). I've double-checked the call history when this occurs to make sure the phone call was actually disconnected during the delay, and that no other calls were placed.

It's not something that drastically affects the functionallity of the phone for me, and I'm hoping it's just something that will be fixed in Sprint's final version. I didn't know if anyone one else was having similar issues though.

My phone is mostly stock. Programs installed:
Total Commander
ToneManager (sets ringtones for contacts based on group membership, does not run all the time)
Google Maps
MusicID
TV Guide
HTC Home Customizer

Thanks.

Sprint Nexus S 4G
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue