PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Spring HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

willhc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ActiveSync crashes during update

I'm trying to run the unlocker so I can update my Touch and ActiveSync is always dying during the ROM upgrade part. It also won't connect to the bootloader screen and I need to reset the phone and reconnect it normally, then the ROM upgrader finds it, starts the transfer and ActiveSync dies at 0% and the transfer times out. Happens every time and I've tried 2 different computers now with the same results. Anyone have an idea for this?

Thanks.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

tantrum829 is keeping up the good worktantrum829 is keeping up the good work
Re: ActiveSync crashes during update

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhc View Post
I'm trying to run the unlocker so I can update my Touch and ActiveSync is always dying during the ROM upgrade part. It also won't connect to the bootloader screen and I need to reset the phone and reconnect it normally, then the ROM upgrader finds it, starts the transfer and ActiveSync dies at 0% and the transfer times out. Happens every time and I've tried 2 different computers now with the same results. Anyone have an idea for this?

Thanks.
I had a similar problem when I was flashing for the first time. I am not sure if this could solve your issue but activesync has a tendancy to disconnect when the phone is fully charged. I let it drain a little to about 80% then I tried to again and activesync did not disconnect.

Also it can be the other way around and the battery is to weak to stay connected. Remember charging through usb is weak and slow.

Like I said. This might not be your issue but sometimes it turns out to be simple things that we can believe afterwards.

Good luck.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

touch_2008 is a n00b

Are you using the following tutorial? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24979 If you are and your PC drops USB connection - just wait a few moments and you will see that it comes back. This happened to me 3 times during the ROM updates (parts 5 and 8 from the tutorial) Note that when you at the bootloaded screen ActiveSync won't work - but your display will show 'USB' instead of 'serial' on the bottom. Just be patient, don't rush any steps and don't reboot or disconnect the phone unless it's part of the step. At one point in the ROM setup screen it told me to unplug and plug my phone back in and establish an 'activesync' connection - all you need to do is unplug the cable and plug it back in. Don't worry about it actually establishing an activesync connection - as long as your display shows 'USB'.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

willhc is a n00b

I am using the tutorial. I'll have to give it another try.

When I do get to the bootloader screen and unplug/replug in my phone it does say USB but of course the connection dies and never re-establishes. I waited a good long time and when I ran the ROM Upgrader (the next step the batch file runs) it can't see the phone any longer. I'll give it another shot to see what happens if I just let it wait.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Try putting phone in not Enhanced mode.

Start->Settings->Conenction->USB to PC Uncheck Enhanced.

Also Try deleting your Profile on the PC so that it does not try to do an actually SYNC. You don't need to be "Fully Synced" to do an update. Just choose "Setup Later" (or whatever it's called when you reconnect it and don't create a new profile).

I assume since you can't sync you'll be no worse off. But make sure you have some sort of backup for contacts etc.

If you DO wish to try to do a full sync first try deleting and recreating your Outlook profile sometimes works. And sometimes rebuilding your .PST file (by renaming and recreating Outlook Profile and reimporting it) fixes it.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

willhc is a n00b

Not sure what did it but I was able to get the ROM updated finally! Thanks to all those that had suggestions for me.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue