PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MF'n Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

thisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Volume changes by itself!

Ever since I flashed to the 6.1 ROM, I've had issues where I turn the volume all the way off, then it automatically turns all the back up by itself. I've tried putting it on vibrate and just turning the sound off, but it comes back on. It's speratic and doesn't happen all the time, but is very annoying when I go into a meeting at work and I'm still hearing notifications for my emails.

One thing that I can repeat everytime is if I have the sound turned off and I go into Settings->Personal->Sounds & Notifications and play the sound for a new email message, it still plays even though the sound is off.

Any one else seeing this???

Thanks!

Juicy 7 090530 ROM

Feel free to buy me a beer if my work has helped you out.

Sprint Touch Cube Configuration Tool

Old 01-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Lurker

kidcymucks is a n00b
Re: Volume changes by itself!

***STOCK SPRINT ROM 6.1***

I'm having the same problem. It doesn't do it all the time though. I will use the last tab of the home screen and press the silence option. the icon for the ringer will display the "x" and if you click on it, you will see both sliders at the bottom and the radio button on off.

now if someone calls, or i get an email or text, SOMETIMES it will automatically turn the sound back on. Also I've gone in and reversed the above process to turn the sound back on and even verify that the sliders have returned to the proper position. Later on I'll see I missed calls AND notice that the ringer is back off.

It's really puzzling, and again it doesn't happen every time, but when it seems to happen at inoportune times.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:53 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Why are you still on stock ROM?Im just wondering.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:34 AM
Lurker

kidcymucks is a n00b

I have 2 full-time jobs and don't have the time to keep tinkering with my phone. The novelty of customizing it wore off a long time ago. Their upgrade addressed SOME of the issues I had with the device and the others aren't deal breakers.

Are you suggesting that if I didn't have the stock rom I wouldn't be experiencing the phantom volume changes??
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue