PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 04:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch

benhameen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint touch Ringtone for text messages

Does anybody know how I can use my realtone ringtone for my incoming text messages. I heve my ringtone set for calls but how do I use a realtone for my incoming text message tone instead of the preset incoming text message tone.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Sprint touch Ringtone for text messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhameen View Post
Does anybody know how I can use my realtone ringtone for my incoming text messages. I heve my ringtone set for calls but how do I use a realtone for my incoming text message tone instead of the preset incoming text message tone.
you take the track that you want or the sound effect (since it will play until done no matter what) and drop it in the windows folder and than it will show up under start/settings/personal/sounds adn notifications/incoming text.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

benhameen is a n00b
Question Re: Sprint touch Ringtone for text messages

When I Go Into The Settings And Sounds And Notifications When I Have The Event On Incoming Calls I See My Downloaded Ringtones And Realtones And I Can Change Andpick Them For My Calls. But When I Switch The Event To New Text Messages I Only Get The Option To Choose The Preset Tones And Alarms
Old 05-31-2008, 04:01 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt19 View Post
(since it will play until done no matter what)

If you use mRing(i believe, as i dont have my phone handy) it will only play like 5 seconds for text messages and it also allows you to silence the tone before the allotted time by any key press. its a wonderful program.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

benhameen is a n00b

Anymore help anybody because I really need delp with this. I hate having my text ringtone as a preset tone instead of a ringtone
Old 05-31-2008, 07:25 PM
Banned User

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Anymore help anybody because I really need delp with this. I hate having my text ringtone as a preset tone instead of a ringtone
Where is the file located that you want to use?
Old 05-31-2008, 08:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

ross.court is a n00b

The sounds for notifications is different than the ringtones. All you have to do is convert the audio file that you want for your texting sound to a .wav file and drop it into the Windows folder on your PDA. Keep in mind, .wav files are very large so you probably don't want something that is too long.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:07 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross.court View Post
The sounds for notifications is different than the ringtones. All you have to do is convert the audio file that you want for your texting sound to a .wav file and drop it into the Windows folder on your PDA. Keep in mind, .wav files are very large so you probably don't want something that is too long.
no need to convert it. that will just waste space. the touch will recognize any mp3 (in the right folder mind you) as a possible ringtone.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:35 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

benhameen is a n00b

I know this might be a dumb question but I dont know that much about pda phones. So when I download a ringtone howdo i get it in the right folder needed for ot to be used as a text message tone on my phone. Like some people are telliing me to drop it in the windows folder, how do i get it in the right folder to be used as a incoming message tone. I have downloaded tones and I guess they go to my ringtones folder because I see them when I change my tones for incoming calls but I dont see them for incoming text tones. So how do I get in in the right place so I can use it as a incoming text tone because all I see is the preset tones when I try to switch tones for incoming text messages
Old 06-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Banned User

Quote:
I know this might be a dumb question but I dont know that much about pda phones. So when I download a ringtone howdo i get it in the right folder needed for ot to be used as a text message tone on my phone. Like some people are telliing me to drop it in the windows folder, how do i get it in the right folder to be used as a incoming message tone. I have downloaded tones and I guess they go to my ringtones folder because I see them when I change my tones for incoming calls but I dont see them for incoming text tones. So how do I get in in the right place so I can use it as a incoming text tone because all I see is the preset tones when I try to switch tones for incoming text messages

Press start-> programs-> File explorer-> im assuming you know how to navigate through a normal computer. with file explorer its just the same. find the file you want. Either click and hold (to acheive 'right click') or simply highlight and your right soft key should say menu. Chooose edit-> then copy. Now browse on over to your windows folder click that right soft key, that again should say menu. the last option should be edit. let that expand and hit paste. Viola! Now ou can go to your settings and it will also be in the notifications drop down...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue