PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 03:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Reliance

hetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SULP AGPS / QuickGPS and my Long Question

As per my Research there are 2 Method for GPS to get Quicker Fix.

1. Assisted by Network which is SULP we uses GPSMode = 2 or 4 to achieve it, but it require you to be on Sprint Network or your Network should have Assistance Server and you must have Server IP or Port setting to put on LBS Settings in ##data# (Advanced) and also in SULP Registry Settings and if your Operator don't have it you are out of luck.

2. But for all users who dont have onliine Access, or there Operator dont have SULP Support server or they are on Internation Roaming or thee are out of Wireless Coverage SULP may not be working, then QuickGPS would be nice to download the Ephemeris in off line and use it. But as this may Require Proxy GPS Port or Some Drivers to Fine tune the GPS Signals i suspects this kina Drivers are there in Touch or Mogul (I am Waiting for HTC Diamond Registry Dump as it is using eGPS and it also have Latest Version of QuickGPS the there exe don't work at all on Touch but still we can find some Setting which can use Ephemeris Data Downloaded from Network using QuickGPS)

SULP AGPS (For Reference of this Technology go to = http://www.rxnetworks.ca/Technology/...9/Default.aspx)

Being we are non Sprint User the Assistance Server will never accept Request from Outer Network so we must have to put the GPS into Autonomous Mode (Self Fixing)

I am using this Setting in SULP (Secure User Plane Client With Extended Ephemeris)

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\SUPL AGPS]
"GPSMode"=dword:00000001
"EnableGPSSmartMode"=dword:00000000
"EnableAGPS"=dword:00000000
GPSMode = 1 means Autonomous (Self Fix no Assistance Required, Pessimistic Approach, Very Slow but Very Accurate)
GPSMode = 2 means Assisted by Server (Less Optimistic, Somewhat Slow but Medium Accuracy Quality)
GPSMode = 4 means Assisted by Server with Extended Ephemeris (Very Optimistic, But Sometime we loose Accuracy Quality)

EnableAGPS = 1 Means Enabled AGPS and 0 Disables it

EnableGPSSmartMode = 1 Save Downloaded Ephemeris Data and also Send it Assitance Server to Update / Fine Tune Extended Ephemeris Data on Server (Require Internet Connection), 0 Zero Desables this Feature

Ephemeris Data = To get Self Fix the Device must know the Position of Satelite in sky, which is called as Ephemeris Data, This is Combined Database which have there Altitude, Latitude, Longitude so the Phone , GPS Device don't have to wait to get Satellites Position from Frequent Satellite Self Position Broadcast by Air

QuickGPS (Somewhat lie this = http://www.rxnetworks.ca/Technology/...7/Default.aspx)

I was researching a Fujitsu Device which uses QuickGPS uses a Proxy Com Port 8 (Software Port) and put Hardware Port to Com4 with 57000 as Baud rate, now when GPS Software access Com8 which uses xtra.bin type file and fine tune the GPS Signals which it gets from Com4, means there is some Proxy Software (Proxy Gate) which Encapsulate Com4 Singal and Fine Tune it using Ephemeris Data it gets from QuickGPS,

I never got that Kinda Settings in our Touch or Mogul

Attached is the Provxml file from Fujitsu loox Device which Definately Sets proxy Software to fine tune GPS Signals with Help of Ephemeris Data, Here We should note Thats

SULP has nothing to do with QuickGPS Sprint Relies on SULP and uses Server Based Assistance and not this Kinda Assistance

Last edited by hetaldp; 05-31-2008 at 04:46 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:27 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

hetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIPhetaldp is a VIP
Re: SULP AGPS / QuickGPS and my Long Question

Attached is the QuickGPS Type softare used in Fujitsu loox N560

This is a cab file and some firmare file ONLY FOR REFERENCE and RESEARCH Dont load it on Mogul or Touch
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Why can't you use the Default IP and Port that most of the ROM's have (and even Sprint ROMs) default too which is an IP address that is accessible from any network.

Although I have AGPS working on sprint it's a bit erratic.

It works some days and not others and works in some locations and not others.

And when it does work it doesn’t seem to help it get Satellite locks any quicker.

But for the first time the other day I got an accurate position with no Satellites (in the center of a building on the first floor). I do have my IP set to the sprint server though.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:59 PM
kbl
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell

kbl is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Why can't you use the Default IP and Port that most of the ROM's have (and even Sprint ROMs) default too which is an IP address that is accessible from any network.

Although I have AGPS working on sprint it's a bit erratic.

It works some days and not others and works in some locations and not others.

And when it does work it doesn’t seem to help it get Satellite locks any quicker.

But for the first time the other day I got an accurate position with no Satellites (in the center of a building on the first floor). I do have my IP set to the sprint server though.
Which is:
195.207.101.126 port 7788

confirmed working from pretty much anywhere.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:43 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I already have gone through and Both IP and Port dont work for me at all.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Claro Jamaica

trackhouse1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbl View Post
Which is:
195.207.101.126 port 7788

confirmed working from pretty much anywhere.

when you say 'anywhere' do u mean internationally?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue