PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel

npearce is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lock Alltel HTC Touch to 1x

I couldn't figure out which forum to post a question about Alltel's HTC Touch, so I hope it's OK here.

I'm having a terrible time dropping calls when my HTC Touch switches between EVDO and 1x signal. I'm on Alltel, and I'm in a very borderline area for EVDO. I'd prefer to just lock it to 1x, but I can't find any instructions for how to do this. Does anybody around here know?

I've updated to the latest ROM, found on HTC's website, and Alltel tells me there's nothing I can do about it.

Thanks!
Old 05-30-2008, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

armus is becoming a great contributor
Re: Lock Alltel HTC Touch to 1x

good news! this is the place for those questions (I'm advocating changing the forum tag to include Alltel and Verizon Touches)

bad news, there's probably nothing to be done about it. Alltel IMO has a lot of call drops and such. If you hadn't said you'd upgraded already I'd recommend that. Others are much more knowledgable with this stuff and may have more ideas but at least you found us...
Old 05-30-2008, 01:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I do not know if the ALLTEL version of the phone has this, but the VERIZON one does. I know the SPRINT one does not show this option.

Go into your phone app, menu, options, settings, "mode of operation"; options here are hybrid, EVDO and 1x, you can change it here and it will reset the device.

Hope that helps,

-CC

EDIT: You can also go this route, on your phone type in ##778#,Send,Talk which ever applies to you, to get into your EPST. Chose EDIT, you will need to know your MSL (Alltel/Verizon MSL is usually 000000). Then under "Modem Settings" you can edit "perfered mode". You have automatic, digital, hdr and cdma only. Also set "hdr hybrid perfered" to disabled. Take in mind you will no longer have EVDO data as an option unless you change it back.

Last edited by clockcycle; 05-30-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Another Option

Force the data connection

HKLM\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting\HiddenModeOperation Page

Change from 1 to 0

Save and soft reset

After resetting, go to:

Start > Settings > Phone > Services > Mode of operation

You will now have 3 choices, Hybrid (default), EVDO, and 1X. This is great for those stuck on the fringe areas of 1X and EVDO!

This exerpt was extracted from here http://www.sprintmogul.net/FAQ/HaizisMogulHacks.aspx

That should fix you up,

-CC

Old 05-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch
Threadstarter

npearce is a n00b
Re: Another Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Force the data connection

HKLM\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting\HiddenModeOperation Page

Change from 1 to 0

Save and soft reset

After resetting, go to:

Start > Settings > Phone > Services > Mode of operation

You will now have 3 choices, Hybrid (default), EVDO, and 1X. This is great for those stuck on the fringe areas of 1X and EVDO!

This exerpt was extracted from here http://www.sprintmogul.net/FAQ/HaizisMogulHacks.aspx

That should fix you up,

-CC
I don't understand what to do on that first part. Is that something to do with registry keys? I have no idea how to go about that. Could somebody break it down for a newbie like me?
Old 06-01-2008, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

armus is becoming a great contributor

yes it's a registry edit. you need a program - several around here. its pretty simple and easy. unfortunatly if you want to hack your phone you gotta jump in and research/try things for yourself. I've only been at this five months and its not too hard to learn. people don't generally like to post something again and again when just a little bit of searching will uncover the original post - saves forum space and time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Money-theiving VZW

xd1936 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to xd1936

If you're afraid of Reg editing, I made a cab for you
Attached Files
File Type: zip Phone Mode Settings.zip (72.7 KB, 42 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue