PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2008, 05:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
3.35 Titan Radio is most stable me

I had a rock solid setup a few weeks ago using the AllTel WM 6.0 OS ROM with the Titan 3.35 Radio (New GPS DLL's and Sprint Customizations).

Then the infamous Sprint Leaked ROM arrived and I could not resist.

It really was pretty unstable (BT/Voice Command and Data connections getting mucked up).

So I finally bit the bullet and went back to the AllTel ROM.

But with what I have learned running Sprint Customizations etc. I thought I'd just stick with the AllTel 3.37.10 Radio. It indeed fixed my BT/Voice Command Issues (usable but it was just sloppy). But the bogus data connections still persisted. This was the same issue I saw when the AllTel 6.0 ROM first came out before the Titan Radio showed up. But I thought running Sprint Customizations and PPST.EXE would fix up data connection issues but it didn't.

So I put the Titan 3.35 Radio back on and Bingo I'm rock solid again !!

The Data issues I have is if the Data Connection goes idle for a long period (like over night) the next morning the white arrows are still there but the connection is dead. It cannot reconnect either (requires soft reset). Half the phone thinks the connection is there half doesn't (i.e. I think the radio dropped it (correctly) but does not properly notify the OS).

GPS has worked the same in every combination. And data speeds vary too much to make any conclusion (they are all pretty good).

I could really care less about the WM 6.1 features.

I may even leave this setup on here if Sprint Releases an official ROM. Because I think part of the problems are WM 6.1 (and the requirment of using a lifted Voice Command from some other phone).

I'd have to see some stellar reports on the official ROM to switch again.

Last edited by mswlogo; 05-29-2008 at 01:08 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Rogers

mpovolo is a n00b
Re: 3.35 Titan Radio is most stable me

Can you walk me through how to setup my device like yours?

thanks
Old 05-29-2008, 12:28 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Hmmm it is kinda spread out all over the place

This is for Sprint ONLY !!

Do Steps 1 - 8 and Do UPGRADE TO TITAN 3.35.04 RADIO Section Here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24979

You'll have AllTel WM 6.0 with Sprint 3.35 Titan Radio

Now to get GPS going

Do Steps 6 - 9 here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24925

DON'T REBOOT after doing step 9 above, get the ZIP file from the link below (NOT the Kickstart CAB). Copy All the DLL's in that ZIP file into the \windows directory (I use Total Commander FREE) and say yes to any overwrites (you should get several overwrite messages or you messed up).

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25407

Now your GPS is all set Now Sprint-ize it

Run the 3 Cabs in the Zip file in this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=44

This is not critical but I think helps GPS and I do it on any GPS ROM

Run Registry Script from here (first script, it's a memmaid script but you can simply read it and make the changes by hand too) http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=24

This is not critical but is what a Stock Sprint ROM Uses for signal strength meter

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...21&postcount=9

The Stuff Below is stuff I do on most any GPS ROM

Using Memmaid I disable GPSDaemonService (it does not start anyway with the config above and is not needed).

This is stuff I do even to a stock Sprint ROM it's up to you if you want to do them

Using Memmaid I kill Replog.exe (On Time Change) Notification Event (this is ONE of THREE I leave the other TWO) so that ActiveSync isn't running constantly.

I also delete from \Windows\StartUp HTC_CM_Guardian.lnk, poutlook.lnk (Required for Exchange Push email), sddaemon.lnk

I use the Regular Retail Version of Voice Command

I use GPSGate for iGuidance.

I have not run PPST suggested here, I did in other ROMs and it didn't make any difference but some swear by it http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...CS_2.03.sa.CAB

Last edited by mswlogo; 05-29-2008 at 01:12 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:26 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Oh heck I just tried PPST again and like so many false claims in makes absolutely no difference.

Some days it will lock quick some day not. But it always locks with a clear view of the sky if stationary within a couple minutes. Often quicker. If moving it takes longer.

Just like every other ROM and trick I have not seen any change since the new GPS DLL's which avoid GPS lockups.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:49 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I stand corrected ppst does indeed help. I now seem to get an agps position everywherball the time now. Where before it only worked in some places some of the time.

It still takes just as long for sat lock required for navagation.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:44 AM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Please Take This Very Seriously .......... Ditch The 3.35 Radio ..... It May Eventually Brick Your Device ..... Trust Me I Know .......
Old 06-03-2008, 06:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Darkflame808 is keeping up the good workDarkflame808 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
Please Take This Very Seriously .......... Ditch The 3.35 Radio ..... It May Eventually Brick Your Device ..... Trust Me I Know .......
Please elaborate?

Should we go to 3.37 or back to stock?

I ask because i've set up my phone to use the vogue as a gps tracking device on my motorcycle. I don't want to phone home on it one day to see that it's not working. LOL.

Should we go to 3.37?...Stock does not offer gps functionality as of yet.

I havn't had any problems so far with 3.35 but murphy's law is telling me the poo will hit the fan any day now.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch vogue
Carrier: Bell

Balkar is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame808 View Post
Please elaborate?

Should we go to 3.37 or back to stock?

I ask because i've set up my phone to use the vogue as a gps tracking device on my motorcycle. I don't want to phone home on it one day to see that it's not working. LOL.

Should we go to 3.37?...Stock does not offer gps functionality as of yet.

I havn't had any problems so far with 3.35 but murphy's law is telling me the poo will hit the fan any day now.
The guy that posted above you is the one that created the 3.35 radio... listen to him dude, even if he doesnt elaborate!
Old 06-03-2008, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Incredible
Carrier: Sprint Sero Baby!!!

gedster314 is keeping up the good workgedster314 is keeping up the good work

It is frustrating how people say try this or that rom and everything works great, you try it and it works worse then what you had before. For me the leaked rom has worked the best and I have tried 6 different gps roms and keep going back to the leaked one.

Find one that works for you, stick with it and avoid gps threads like the pleague!
Old 06-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

stealthysocks is a n00b

I've been using 3.35 since it was released and never encountered a problem. I use the GPS every day to do my delivery runs and it works when I want it to work. How does it potentially brick my phone?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue