PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

revgam is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Costly Application Reinstall Question?

I have a Sprint Touch and have enjoyed using the Kitchen to update my rom. But one of the problems I am running into is on one of my applications, "Biblelink". After a rom update when I reinstall the application it is assigned a new Device ID number for the activation process. Which means I have to purchase the program all over again to reinstall it. I have emailed the Biblelink website but got no response. Is there a way to avoid this after updating my rom? Thanks! ( I have already purchased the same program twice in this process)
Old 05-28-2008, 04:15 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Costly Application Reinstall Question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by revgam View Post
I have a Sprint Touch and have enjoyed using the Kitchen to update my rom. But one of the problems I am running into is on one of my applications, "Biblelink". After a rom update when I reinstall the application it is assigned a new Device ID number for the activation process. Which means I have to purchase the program all over again to reinstall it. I have emailed the Biblelink website but got no response. Is there a way to avoid this after updating my rom? Thanks! ( I have already purchased the same program twice in this process)
Got any more specific information on the "device id"? What information did you give when you purchased the software. Most is keyed off the "owners name"...

Old 05-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

revgam is a n00b

The ID must be generated by the program with regard to some device specific ID. For instance the ID generated this last go around was: LSBQC4. I don't really know for sure what the program uses to generate that ID with, but after a rom update it brings up a new ID to unlock with. I like the program but there seems to be no support whatsoever. I've called and emailed and get no response from them. www.biblelink.us is there website. I'm just wondering if there would be some way to backup the program and use it that way. But the way it is right now it requires a new purchase if the device ID changes. I have to use the ID on their website to get the unlock code.

Last edited by revgam; 05-28-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Lurker

Adster is a n00b

Quite a few programs generate the Device ID off of the Owner Name, as previously mentioned. You might want to try and enter your owner name EXACTLY as it was before, right down to capital letters.

Bob Jones is different then Robert Jones and Robert Jones is different then Robert jones. Get my drift? It might take some tweaking but keep trying.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

revgam is a n00b

Thanks for the suggestion on changing my owner name, but I have it just the same as I did before the rom update.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:55 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by revgam View Post
Thanks for the suggestion on changing my owner name, but I have it just the same as I did before the rom update.
Your deviceid is kept here in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ActiveSync
DeviceID="EE30CD71F7D3C8985954828A3434C012" [modified to protect my device]

I can't help you get your old one back, but you might want to preserve the new one and try changing it after you flash, and before you sync.

You may also try to find a file on the microsd card that has a date when you activated the first time. Try deleting this file and see if that helps. Of course backup the file before deleting....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

revgam is a n00b

Thanks for the info on the Device ID. That may just fix my problem. I'll know more in the future with the next time I update my rom. Thanks again!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue