PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

touch_2008 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New to PPC's - Questions about Touch / GPS

Hey All,

Just got a HTC Touch from Sprint and am really upset that despite what all the Sprint representatives told me, GPS is not supported/available on this device out of the box. Looking around on google I saw these forums and it seems that you've all worked out these issues. I'm 100% interested in updating my phone but have a couple of questions that I hope you can help me with.

1) Is there a way to backup my phone completely in case a ROM update fails or what have you. I'm not sure how I would go about dumping my current ROM / settings and would like to have a backup just in case.

2) I see that the updates for GPS here seem to all be for WM 6.1 - I'm pretty sure that my device is only running WM 6 (under about it shows Windows Mobile 6 Professional CE OS 5.2.1620)- looking at the windows update and sprint update sites I see no options to update anything. Is this something I can update my phone to easily or do I need to purchase it or install it prior to attempting these updates?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered - I appreciate you taking the time to help and really am looking forward to having some more functionality out of my new device.

Thank you!
-G
Old 05-27-2008, 07:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>htc 6800>htc 6900>htc 6850>touch pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint sero

kaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New to PPC's - Questions about Touch / GPS

nah bro..its easy and we have tutorials on this site to help you find those answers..just go to touch upgrades and click on thread starting with consolidated rev a..itll show you how to upgrade and get gps enabled on ur phone..itll also show you how to back up certain files..theres a program called pimbackup google it and find the cab..trust me ur in good hands like ALLSTATE!! lol
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue