PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2008, 10:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

NFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to NFSFAN
Exclamation HTC Touch Bell and GPS w/WM 6.1

i want to flash my htc touch to a new radio for GPS, and also with the new WM 6.1. My question is, which firmwares would i use to achieve this, and do i have to reactivate my phone with bell mobility after this procedure?
Old 05-27-2008, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

jax2k3 is a n00b
Re: HTC Touch Bell and GPS w/WM 6.1

NFSFAN,
I have modded successfully HTC Touch on Bell Mobility Network... you are just flash to new OS, the ESN is not effected and still be able to use it on Bell Mobility. Please note that flash does void your warranty.

Steps:
1) Use Cokeman 2.31 Unlocker
2) Flash using Offical Alltel GPS Enabled ROM (This has the RADIO and ROM)
3) Use either user custom Vouge Rom, or use PPCKitchen for vouge 6.1
4) Dial ##22803 -> 1 -> 2 (Update PST)
5) Dial ##22803 -> 1 -> 1 (Update NAM)

and your done.. any questions, just PM me
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:59 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

NFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

ok so i can use ppckitchen to customize the rom. Could you explain the last 2 steps in a bit more detail,since i dont want to screw up anything
Old 05-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSFAN View Post
ok so i can use ppckitchen to customize the rom. Could you explain the last 2 steps in a bit more detail,since i dont want to screw up anything
Try reading the forums a bit more, everything is already explained. Download the ppckitchn from ppckitchen.org and give it a try. Between that and this forum, you can figure it out
Old 05-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Lurker

hibiscus is a n00b

I realize that the flashed roms void the warranty. But if the stock rom gets reinstalled is there any way to detect that the rom has been replaced? Basically, does that mean your warranty would still be valid?
Old 05-27-2008, 06:09 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

RUU_Vogue_4350_ALLTEL_WWE_3.04.671.2_Radio_4350H_3 .37.10_Alltel_NV2.00_PRL30008_0331_Ship_withSpecia lNBH.exe

Is this the Alltel firmware you were referring to jax2k3?
Old 05-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch/Vogue

djsmoisin is a n00b

I Wouldnt do It if I were you for The Bell Touch. There must be some sort of restriction on mine. I flashed to the Alltel ROM, and had lost Data Connection. I cannot now flash back to the OEM ROM, and now I have an Alltel F'n Phone. Following the directions very carefully, and yeh..... THis really does suck ***
Old 05-28-2008, 10:02 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

it worked for me...i flashed spl 2.31 coke, used the alltel rom i mentioned here, i flashed that, stopped the customization with a softreset, downloaded buildos, and cooked a firmware based upon the new gps 3.02, then flashed. very happy. everything works and i got wm 6.1...yay
Old 05-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Xyz
Lurker
Carrier: Bell

Xyz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsmoisin View Post
I Wouldnt do It if I were you for The Bell Touch. There must be some sort of restriction on mine. I flashed to the Alltel ROM, and had lost Data Connection. I cannot now flash back to the OEM ROM, and now I have an Alltel F'n Phone. Following the directions very carefully, and yeh..... THis really does suck ***
you didn't read all the instructions. it clearly states that you must stop the customizing after you flash the altel rom or you will lose you data connection. there is a tutorial for you and all the other bright people who did not rtfm and how to get it working again.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue 6900
Carrier: Aliant / Bell

Omerta6 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyz View Post
you didn't read all the instructions. it clearly states that you must stop the customizing after you flash the altel rom or you will lose you data connection. there is a tutorial for you and all the other bright people who did not rtfm and how to get it working again.
I did RTFM, but im changing carrier so no go for me. I tried searching but no real luck so far on figuring out how to get data again. Could you suggest a search string?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue