PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2008, 01:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Reliance

Etrnlwanderer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Totally Noob questions :(

Hi,

I'm using a Sprint Touch on a CDMA network in India and this is my first WM phone. I'd be glad if someone could clear the following doubts for me please. My phone is on coKeman 2.31 unlocker running on the leaked sprint rom version 3.37 radio.
I have been looking up most of the ROMs on here, but all of them ( atleast the Sprint ones) have software like Sprint TV, Sprint Music Store etc, which is useless to me as I cant access them on my network here in India.
  1. Would like to know if there is a bare basic ROM which doesnt have any Sprint software but is fully GPS featured as I would like to use the GPS features of the phone. If such a ROM isnt available, which project should I use to cook up a basic ROM without the Sprint features which would suit my requirements I just stated. (Just the normal phone softwares, Today screens, Random Access softwares, Touch keyboards, Office and Notes software, default games etc)
  2. If I would like to install softwares onto the phone after cooking and flashing a basic ROM, do I install them onto the phone memory or can I install them on the memory card. What are the pros and cons of installing on the phone or on the memory card.
Hope some one could point on the way for me please. Thanks
Old 05-26-2008, 01:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle
Re: Totally Noob questions :(

1. yes there are plenty of roms out that dont have any sprint software with full gps.. you jus have to go through the upgrades forum an check out the roms made by our many chefs
2. doesnt really matter its up to you.. if you install them on your device i feel like the programs will run a little smoother depending on what it is, sometimes it doesnt matter, and the advantage of installing them on your mem card is the fact that you are saving space on your device

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue