PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2008, 04:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell

tripper22 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't connect to the internet after ppst.exe on Bell. Stupid me!

Please help me. I have the Bell version of this phone and I did run the ppst.exe for sprint in my windows folder. I know it was stupid after reading through the whole ppst.exe thread. I flashed back from OMJ's Bell to the stock Bell rom and the internet will not work. The phone seems to freeze all the time. The PRL version is 31398 and the PRI version 2.03_003. How do I get back to the old PRI and PRL? How do I fix this? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:33 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Re: Can't connect to the internet after ppst.exe on Bell. Stupid me!

Does anyone know how to change the Pri Version on the Vogue? It should be PRI version: 1.33_007. Thanks for any help.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:58 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

well I believe what you will need to do is, downgrade your SPL (unlocker) to 0.40, then flash the stock 6.0 bell rom.....this will get it back functioning....then you can start from scratch w/ 2.31 unlocker then leaked rom then custom.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:07 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Thanks OMJ. It didn't work but thanks for the advice. Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
well I believe what you will need to do is, downgrade your SPL (unlocker) to 0.40, then flash the stock 6.0 bell rom.....this will get it back functioning....then you can start from scratch w/ 2.31 unlocker then leaked rom then custom.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch vogue

Balkar is becoming a great contributor

Hey man, i did the same thing on my bell touch... I took derek rom and i runned the ppst like a dummy... Lost internet but GPS was pretty cool.

Anyway... I went .40 inlocker and flash to stock bell rom. Let bell customization run. I did an hard reset again just to make sure(I really dont know why it would matter but i wanted to make this thing right the first time). Ran 2.31 unlocker, then i went with alltel rom, reseted at customization then flashed omj v2 rom.

Internet was not working on the bell stock rom, was running on alltel after i did soft reset at customization. Also was working on OMJ's rom.

Hope this help... Maybe try it again if thats what you did the first time...
Old 05-25-2008, 02:24 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Fixed! Thanks everyone for the help! All credit goes to djharvey461! This got me out of a serious jam.

RESTORE THE 1.33.003 PRI
(Must complete the Downgrading and reverting back to original SPL tutorial first - CRITICAL)

If you are a Sprint user and you allowed the Alltel customization to run and complete then you most likely are now wondering where the Sprint PCS banner went from the HTC Home Plugin and are also wondering why you are not able to connect to the internet regardless of what you do. This is a tutorial on how to fix this problem.

What happened to cause this problem is that Alltel's customization also contains a 2.01.001 PRI which is different from Sprint's 1.33.003 PRI. Allowing customization to run will overwrite Sprint's with Alltel's leaving you with no internet or Sprint PCS banner on the Home plugin.

Here is how to fix it:
1. Download GetSPC here: http://www.5gmobile.us/mobilefiles/VX6800/GetSPC.zip
2. Extract the zip file and copy the GetSPC folder to the root of main memory of your device.
3. Go to Start/Settings/System/Device Information and either open notepad or get a piece of paper and write down your ESN. This is your HEX ESN.
4. Run GetSPC.exe from that folder you placed on in the ROOT folder of your device and in the TOP box, type in your HEX ESN. Hit "GO" and the number generated will be your MSL. Write this number down as well.
5. From the dialpad(MUST BE ORIGINAL VOGUE DIALPAD, NOT A SKINNED DIAL PAD) dial ##786# and it will bring up a large list of quite a few different numbers. Write down your MDN and MSID(you will need them, trust me).
6. Click Menu and select reset. It will ask you to put in an unlock code. Type in your MSL. Everything will reset back to the factory defaults, including your PRI, MDN, and MSID.
7. Follow boot sequence and align screen and what not and allow Sprint's customization to complete.
8. From the dialpad, dial ##(6 digit MSL here)# and click edit. Type in your MDN and MSID and click OK.
9. Your phone should now be reverted back to the bare bones stock OEM 6.0 Sprint ROM with the Sprint PRI of 1.33. You're done.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue