PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

skiiman1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help!! Did not reset after Alltell ROM update

Ok to recap:

I have a Verizon VX6900 and last night I tried to update to the OMJ GPS + Rev A update. I first unlocked the phone using the Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31 and verified that 2.31 was displayed. Then I updated the ROM to the RUU_Vogue_4350_ALLTEL_WWE_3.04.671.2_Radio_4350H_3 .37.10_Alltel_NV2.00_PRL30008_0331_Ship_withSpecia lNBH

version (i think this is where i messed everything up because I let the Alltell customization settings go through instead of soft resetting before the 321)

After this ran the OMJ.WM6.1.GPS.Verizonv2 installation and was able to get WMP 6.1 running but was not able to make any calls or get on the internet. Calling #8899 and authenticating got the phone calls working but still no internet.

I have since tried reinstalling the ROM which goes through but gets me to the same point (however even if i do a hard reset or reinstall the Alltell or OMJ ROM I never loose authentication with Verizon (dont know if thats weird or not).

What I think the problem may be is that the Alltell settings are not leaving my phone...for example if I dial ##778 and go into the security settings everything says Alltell..and if i edit these settings and then do a *228 on my phone to reprogram...all the Alltell settings come back. So I think the only way to fix this would be to revert back. to a 100% Verizon ROM and let it do the customization and then go through the whole process again...problem is I cant find a verizon ROM that will work.

I tried installing this rom (

[NEW] Verizon Stock Rom Version 2.0.9 )) but after the install the phone just hangs at the PPCGEEKS page...

I dont know what to do?

I found this thread which talks about sprint phones and even describes a similar situataion where Alltell was allowed to customize and how to go into the phone and change settings, but the instructions are for sprint phones. And the instructions to revert back to factory ROM I tried and thats when I get the PPCGEEK page hanging.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24979

So I am lost and need help.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Dell
Carrier: Sprint

trehouse is just getting started
Re: Help!! Did not reset after Alltell ROM update

There's stuff in the Upgrades sub-forum which you should check out. I don't know if your prob is considering "bricking" your phone as you have some functionality but if you're stuck you may consider it a similar prob. There's experts there whom can help you if they don't jump in right here.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:01 PM
RUSH718

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I think i'm Bricked i can't get past the HTC smart mobility screen I'm really screwed now I've tried everything From Hard reset to a soft rest & I cant get off the screen. MY kids disconnect the actsyn & I really don't like asking for help till i've exhausted all efforts....

What do i do?????
Old 05-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

tantrum829 is keeping up the good worktantrum829 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSH718 View Post
I think i'm Bricked i can't get past the HTC smart mobility screen I'm really screwed now I've tried everything From Hard reset to a soft rest & I cant get off the screen. MY kids disconnect the actsyn & I really don't like asking for help till i've exhausted all efforts....

What do i do?????
Go here

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24906
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue