PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 08:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6850 (HTC Touch pro)
Carrier: Verizon

JWhipple is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Known Verizon Issue with cracked outer casing

In my case it was purely cosmetic - but - the crack had reached the outer edge of the actual display, so I was concerned that the crack may continue into the display area.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Lurker

jp_stokes is a n00b

Just called Verizon wireless, the guy said he "could not confirm or deny" this was an issue and was going to send me a replacement, BUT if they discovered afterwards that it was not their fault, then they would charge me for the retail price. DANG!!!!

BUT WAIT... HE CAME BACK 2 MINUTES LATER AND SAID HIS TECH TEAM DID IN FACT VERIFY THAT IT WAS A KNOWN ISSUE. THEY ARE SENDING ME A NEW REPLACEMENT. GET IT ON MONDAY!

Be nice when you talk to them, goes a long way

Best of luck!

-John
Old 09-06-2008, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: low tech vzw

imdarkside is becoming a great contributor

yep its back a crack on the slider side. at this point the phone is too tweeked out to let a crack bother me. if it falls apart i mite have to do something but the rebuilding mods etc... is too much for me to worry about some crack. good excuse to get a new phone if verizon ever comes out with one. diamond?
Old 09-07-2008, 10:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sorry for the redundant posts but noticed another nasty crack in the casing on the upper side now. Went to the VZW store. Told him i did not want another phone cuz i got this one all tricked out. He said he would check it out and give me a call and he did.

He gave me an HTC phone number to call. I am going to see if they will send me a new front cover. it has four screws (torx) and if HTC sends me a new cover without voiding the mfg warranty (1 year) im going to replace the cover.

I'll check it out and post the results when i get somewhere with it.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Lurker

Bulkmailman is a n00b

I just went into a Verizon store today to show them the crack in my VX6900. The customer no-service rep said she'd never seen anything like that, and had no knowledge that it was an existing problem. She went into the back to talk with her manager, who obviously told her to call Verizon customer service on the phone. After pulling apart the phone, she said that the water damage indicator had turned color, indicating water damage. I told her it's never been in the water - EVER - and that the phone works fine, except for the crack. She spoke to the phone-based rep, and then handed the phone to me to talk with her. The rep said I have 2 options: 1) they would make an exception and allow me to return the phone, BUT if any damage was found to the phone at ALL, including water damage, my account would be charged the full retail cost of the phone, or 2) I could use my insurance, pay $50 and get a replacement. I chose 3) and told her I didn't want to gamble and play "catch me if you can" by having them try to find some excuse to disallow a warranty exchange by finding some unrelated excuse and charge me, and I didn't think I should have to pay $50 or 50 cents for a phone there was an obvious widespread problem with. I made sure to say it loud in a crowded store to. Then I politely thanked the counter rep for her time, picked up my phone, and walked out of the store. I'll call the Verizon customer service line. Going into the local store is like pulling f***ing nose hairs! Wasted an HOUR in there waiting for some unempowered idiot to not help me.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sorry to hear about your experience. I guess it depends on the vzw store or who is working that day. My store said they could replace it again (2nd phone). They too deny knowing it is a problem and said no one has come in for a replacement.

Called the HTC rep. He said vzw has to replace the phone not HTC so that is a dead end. He answered on first call no phone menus to scroll through
866-449-8358 and he spoke clear english! He did tell me the diamond is showing on their systems for all CDMA phone providers.

So I then called vzw "tech support" to find out whats up with the diamond. She had to look on their website (duh, lady I could look there too). No word on diamond. I expect sprint will have it out first again. She said she could take care of the crack by sending me a new "front". I asked her that if she sent me the "front" would I void the warranty when I replaced the screws.

Tech support at vzw... yeah right. She was confused at that point and said "no you keep the battery and back cover and send us the broken "front". After doing this for a few minutes I found out she wanted to send me a refurb phone minus battery and back cover. Told her I'd try the store for a completely new phone.

Now I gotta back up my tricked out phone, so I looked at spritebackup which was reportedly free but apparently is not? Also found http://www.symantec.com/norton/beta/...pvid=nssp1beta

Apparently a beta of a norton software. I have had lots of great experience with norton so I guess when my spb free trial runs out in a few weeks Ill start migrating my stuff for a new phone?
Old 09-22-2008, 12:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX67000

smash102 is a n00b

Cracks here, just put a hard case on it and gonig to ignore it till it falls apart then going to call my bus-contact at Verizon and have them replace it. Its cosmetic for me so far, and the hard shell should help to prolong it.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: droid
Carrier: verizon wireless

filthy1 is a n00b

my case cracked and I just changed my to a BLACK sprint one....switched everything over and it looks and works great, not near as slippery as the white verizon case.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SCI730 -> XV6700 -> XV6900 -> TP2 -> Droid Incred
Carrier: VZ

escribzz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by escribzz View Post
I think I might have some insight on this as to why some are cracking and others arn't. I purchased two of these at the same time and same place one has been cracked for almost a month the other is still good to go. The one that is cracked has vibrate on for both text messages and ringing. Because the phone is so light if you leave it on a desk or table when someone calls it almost always ends up on the floor. The phone that is perfect has never had vibrate on. I'm guessing at this point its a mix between a minor impact (Carpet fall) and the vibration that is causing the stress cracks. Thoughts??
Guys this seems to be working, I have not had any cracks since I've gotten my replacement and stopped using vibrate or vibrate/ring on top of it I've dropped it several times and no cracks. The second one that I bought that my wife uses has never had vibrate on and its over 6 months old now and it looks perfect. I had a friend buy one after I got the replacement and his vibrate is on and he now has cracks. If your worried about cracking I would stop using the vibrate...
Old 10-03-2008, 12:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VzW XV6900 Custom Rom
Carrier: Verizon

DrGamete is a n00b

Hey all, thought I would give you a heads up; I had the same problem with my touch cracking on the volume slider side. After a call to customer service at lunch; i was told it was a known issue and i could have a refurbished phone or go to a store and beg the manager for a new one... I went to the verizon no-service Corp store; they claimed its Managers choice but still against policy; I took the store rep over to their display demo and suprise suprise the store demo had the same crack in the same place (while they told me they couldn't help me, i snapped a picture on my phone of the demo for later use). I left and went to a kiosk and they two had a cracked demo; however they unfortunately didn't have a manager on duty. I left and went to a corp store about 2 miles down the road; again their demo was cracked, after showing the manager at the 3rd store the cracked demo, photos from the other two stores, my phone and logging on to PPC Geeks from the store and showing this thread; he concluded it would be wise to replace my phone with a brand new one before I was too upset.....anyone having any troubles....just look at the in house demo phones.

Good luck; i wish VzW would have left the HTC cover alone.....the white covers are lame (and ugly).
Unlocked Custom Rom
My S2U2 Theme
Throttle Launcher .92b
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue