PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Rumrunner6900 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Hate to be that guy, but help needed!

So last night I installed S2U2 and the HTC Diamond QWERTY keyboard. Immediately after I installed the keyboard, the phone pretty much stopped working.
I did a soft reset and everytime I tried to touch the screen, it wouldn't work. Me being the smart guy I am tried some more soft resets, and turning the screen on and off. When I slid to unlock the phone, I would have the same problem.
I just installed the iCube yesterday and I can still use that. I went into file explorer to try to manually delete S2U2 to see if that would work and that pretty much further screwed the phone. Bout the only thing I can use now is the cube and whenever I go to the S2U2 folder to try to delete it or change settings, it wont let me!

So yeah, I'm gonna be that guy....I'm an idiot, but is there any way to fix this without a hard reset?
Old 05-21-2008, 09:49 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
Re: Hate to be that guy, but help needed!

Have you tried un-installing S2U2 or the keyboard?

Start>Settings>System>Remove Programs

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

is the directdraw option still a factor??? I remember having directdraw on the mogul turned on and trying to run s2u2 caused terrible lock ups and crashes.

Just a thought, mine works fine though.

You should also connect to your computer thru activesync to delete it if your phone is unresponsive outside of the cube. just a suggestion

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

Rumrunner6900 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
Have you tried un-installing S2U2 or the keyboard?

Start>Settings>System>Remove Programs
Therein lies the problem. I can't even get to remove programs. I guess I should've made that more clear. I can't touch on the start menu...or anywhere on the screen for that matter, unless I bring up the Cube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
is the directdraw option still a factor??? I remember having directdraw on the mogul turned on and trying to run s2u2 caused terrible lock ups and crashes.

Just a thought, mine works fine though.

You should also connect to your computer thru activesync to delete it if your phone is unresponsive outside of the cube. just a suggestion
I can't get to the settings anymore....I did a search before I posted and a thread or 2 popped up about what you just brought up, but when I try to get to the settings, it just brings up a black screen with the time and weather on it.

It may not even be the S2U2 causing this. Well, it is part of the problem, since I deleted some files in the S2U2 folder and not all of them. It happened after I installed the keyboard...which makes no sense to me!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

lisat96 is keeping up the good worklisat96 is keeping up the good work

If you haven't upgraded your ROM, there should be an htcSettings program in the Windows directory. Otherwise, if you phone will still sync, try using ActiveSync to remove both programs. If you've partially uninstalled S2U2 manually, the uninstall will probably say it failed, but it should still remove what it can. If neither of these options work, you'll probably have to hard reset.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisat96 View Post
If you haven't upgraded your ROM, there should be an htcSettings program in the Windows directory. Otherwise, if you phone will still sync, try using ActiveSync to remove both programs. If you've partially uninstalled S2U2 manually, the uninstall will probably say it failed, but it should still remove what it can. If neither of these options work, you'll probably have to hard reset.
exactly
Old 05-21-2008, 10:45 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

This happened to me when I tried to install the voice command fix files. I had to use file explorer and delete the files then I could get to settings again. Try deleting the files that were added when u installed the keyboard if you know where they went.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Lurker

daviduyan is a n00b

Have you tried Hard resetting?

hold call + hangup button and push the reset button with your stylus. It'll reset everything and you'll have to start from scratch, but it's better than not having your phone work at all.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

lisat96 is keeping up the good worklisat96 is keeping up the good work

If you're desperate and really want to avoid a hard reset, you can tell which files and registry entries the program installed by looking at the CAB file with WinZip and opening the .xml file with Notepad. It should tell you every registry key that was added or changed and what name each one of the strangely named files in the CAB was given when it was extracted. You'll need to soft reset if you change anything in the registry.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TIGER02 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to TIGER02 Send a message via Yahoo to TIGER02

I would have to agree with what was said above... Connect using active sync and uninstall the two or three programs. If you get an uninstalled failed with s2u2 then reinstall it see if it takes then uninstall. Hopefully this works. Make sure u sync anyway to have all of your data updated and backed up.

Side note you know you can explore your touch using windows explore on your pc. It will let you view all your files and modify them up to reg changes with as far as i know have to be done on the mobile device.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue