PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 01:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any way to flash without activesync? please help!

Sup guys, I just got my Touch today, started playing with it tonight, so far I love it, but somewhere I screwed up and now its actin a fool on me.

First thing I did was flash the Alltel 4350/3.37 rom, then I unlocked with 2.31coke, and flashed ludesters 6.1 reva/gps rom. I played with that for a bit, got to see the gps work, and then I went on to cook my own rom.

I used the Vogue 6.1 3.02 GPS kitchen, and I no longer have my selections.txt cuz I didn't save it. I chose most of the things I was used to using in my Apache roms, but the whole rom seems to be buggy. I cant open nearly any programs, including activesync, GSFinder opens, but only displays the toolbar, and none of the nav panes, PIE and phone app wont open at all.

The biggest problem is Activesync though, from what I've learned in my reading tonight, it is needed to flash with USB, only other way is to flash from SDcard, and apparantly SDHC cards dont work.

CLIFFS NOTES: Flashed buggy ROM, cant connect ActiveSync, Is there anyway to flash with RUU and .nbh file straight from bootloader? Like on Apache?

Alltel / Verizon
Old 05-21-2008, 01:16 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION
Re: Any way to flash without activesync? please help!

yes you can flash straigh from bootloader. since you have 2.31 coke flash the leaked rom then flash something from the kitchen that should fix your problems. whenever you flash the leaked rom make sure you let the customizations run.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 05-21-2008, 05:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi View Post
CLIFFS NOTES: Flashed buggy ROM, cant connect ActiveSync, Is there anyway to flash with RUU and .nbh file straight from bootloader? Like on Apache?
Use the 512mb sd card that came with the phone?

To flash from SD, make sure the card is 2gb or less, format with fat32, copy nbh to root, and rename to VOGUIMG.NBH

Perform the 3 finger salute, and watch the progress bar...
Old 05-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew.man View Post
Use the 512mb sd card that came with the phone?

To flash from SD, make sure the card is 2gb or less, format with fat32, copy nbh to root, and rename to VOGUIMG.NBH

Perform the 3 finger salute, and watch the progress bar...
My Alltel Touch didnt come with a card, the only microSD card I have aaround is this 4 Gb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
yes you can flash straigh from bootloader. since you have 2.31 coke flash the leaked rom then flash something from the kitchen that should fix your problems. whenever you flash the leaked rom make sure you let the customizations run.
I'll give this a shot, thanks!
Old 05-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks for the info dew man! For the life of me, I could not figure out how to flash via usb without ActiveSync, so I ran out and got a 2 gig card and flashed ludesters rom back no problem.

Is it really possible to flash straight from the bootloader with usb? If so how? The RUU doesn't connect for me without it.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3d
Carrier: Sprint

tstack77 is becoming a great contributor

Connect your phone to your computer, hold down the power + camera button and put/hold the stylus into the reset hole. That will put you phone into the 2.31 unlocked phase and you can then simply run the flash utility.

easy

Side: I got a 4gb SDHC and it works just fine in the vogue

Last edited by tstack77; 05-21-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue