PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 02:40 AM
N00b

darnoc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
XV6900 Roll back

Hi,

After flashing my ROM with the latest AllTel, can some one provide me the steps to setting the phone back to it's original image aand ROM (want to take it in for an exchange). I saw in one post that it's not advisable due to the radio installed in the Alltels ROM. Can some one please confirm it. Also, where can I find more info on what a kitchen does and it's usuage. Thank you.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:39 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
Re: XV6900 Roll back

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnoc View Post
Hi,

After flashing my ROM with the latest AllTel, can some one provide me the steps to setting the phone back to it's original image aand ROM (want to take it in for an exchange). I saw in one post that it's not advisable due to the radio installed in the Alltels ROM. Can some one please confirm it. Also, where can I find more info on what a kitchen does and it's usuage. Thank you.
There's a sticky in the Vogue Upgrades Sub-Forum about downgrading the SPL. Here's a link. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24906

P.S.- please search next time.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 06-07-2008, 04:04 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

darnoc is a n00b

hi...i went through the the link at looks like there's issues with rolling back to the xv6900 original ROM. I don't have insurance on my phone and have the crack housing on the xv6900 as well. Would like to replace it, but need to reflash it back to it's original state. Can any verizon 6900 owners who have reflashed back share their experience. Thanks.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

TizOnly1 is just getting started

I took my phone back without downgrading. Had zero problems. They swapped it out, in-store, for a new 6900.

This was within by 30-day trial, so I didn't even have to see a technician (not that they know what's going on anyway...). I just went to a CSR.

I used to work in a VZW store, so I know just how clueless everyone is. I wouldn't even go through the trouble of downgrading.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:23 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

darnoc is a n00b

Thanks Tiz. Problem I have is that I still have the Alltel splash screen and menus. Can I change it to the Verizon software images then without downgrading?
Old 06-08-2008, 08:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: verizon

ROKWELL is just getting started

flash omj's verizon rom! has verizon splashscreen!
Old 06-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKWELL View Post
flash omj's verizon rom! has verizon splashscreen!
or you can use the kitchen and select the verizon splash and animation and just add stock programs. i would recommend not trying to go back, as vzw hasn't released the stock to go back to and you'll brick your phone (what i did).
Old 06-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Fortunately some "bricks" are recoverable though, in fact I just fixed one in that exact situation tonight =P
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue