PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vogue

Makavelifaison is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
can i use sprint vogue for verizon?

hi everyone, im new here and i am use to flashing the htc wizard. but now i have a htc vogue (sprint) that i want to use for verizon. i was wondering if this was possible, and if so could someone please assist me in gettin it to work. thanks
Old 05-20-2008, 01:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing
Re: can i use sprint vogue for verizon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makavelifaison View Post
hi everyone, im new here and i am use to flashing the htc wizard. but now i have a htc vogue (sprint) that i want to use for verizon. i was wondering if this was possible, and if so could someone please assist me in gettin it to work. thanks
Welcome!

While verizon is working on their any(CDMA) phones, vzw network policy. There are only a hand full of phones that are on the approved list. Non of the PDA's are on that list yet. Once your phone model is added to the list you can request that your phones esn be added to the vzw data base. In which you will have to send your phone to vzw so they can add your phones esn in and they will install the proper vzw branded sw so the phone works properly(quote\unquote) with the vzw network. That being said... You can already use a phone from amped and alltel, as their esn's are already in the vzw system...
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
Old 05-20-2008, 07:55 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Makavelifaison is a n00b

so basically no, as of right now...right?
Old 05-20-2008, 07:58 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemanracing View Post
Welcome!

you will have to send your phone to vzw so they can add your phones esn in and they will install the proper vzw branded sw so the phone works properly(quote\unquote) with the vzw network.
You're kidding, right? I thought the deal was Verizon would test the manufacturer's phone, and once it p***** VZW's "testing," you could have the phone model activated. So what you're saying is that VZW's going to have to physically take in every phone to activate it? Ridiculous!
Old 05-20-2008, 08:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue a.k.a Sprint Touch
Carrier: Cricket

berry_lthird is keeping up the good workberry_lthird is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to berry_lthird Send a message via AIM to berry_lthird Send a message via MSN to berry_lthird Send a message via Yahoo to berry_lthird Send a message via Skype™ to berry_lthird

Technically, yes, you can: All it takes is to load the Verizon PRL onto the Sprint phone. I do it all the time, just not with PDA's (at this time).

Legally, no--in order to make a PDA work, you have to modify the phone in such a way that violates the law (at this time). But you CAN do it. There's really nothing but the LAW stopping you!
Latest Exploits:
--Sprint HTC Touch Dual NAMs on Cricket and Verizon InPulse with WAP, MMS, Java, EVDO Rev. A, and GPS (Ghettofreeryder's Vista 7 ROM with 3.35 Radio)
--MOTOKRZR K1m Dual NAMs on Cricket and Verizon pre-pay with WAP, MMS, and Brew

My LG VX9900 enV to Cricket Tutorial

Next Hijacks: Helping to liberate my MetroPCS bretheren!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Makavelifaison is a n00b

sooo will someone instruct me how to via pm or something? if so that would be greatly appreciated lol
Old 05-20-2008, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

berry_lthird is keeping up the good workberry_lthird is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to berry_lthird Send a message via AIM to berry_lthird Send a message via MSN to berry_lthird Send a message via Yahoo to berry_lthird Send a message via Skype™ to berry_lthird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makavelifaison View Post
sooo will someone instruct me how to via pm or something? if so that would be greatly appreciated lol
Again--the problem isn't getting the Verizon service to work on the PDA--it's getting Verizon to accept the phone's ESN, which they WON'T.

And, no--unfortunately--I'm not at liberty to discuss how this can be circumnavigated because it violates the LAW.

For future reference, however, once Verizon starts accepting the ESN's of other carriers, all you have to do is write the Verizon PRL to the phone and it will be able to work.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:17 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Yes you can use it here is a tutorial how this is written for the 6700 but i've noted most of the differences on a 6800 and 6900. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20090 Call *611 option 3 which is tech support tell them its an altell 6900 and you loaded the vzw rom, radio, & prl and are requesting it to be added into the device management database so it can be activated. I'm an agent and have 100% success with this method but it takes usually 3-5 business days to get loaded. If this fails there is a link in the linked post above for activation of a non-verizon device which will take a few weeks.

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 05-20-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
Yes you can use it here is a tutorial how this is written for the 6700 but i've noted most of the differences on a 6800 and 6900. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20090 Call *611 option 3 which is tech support tell them its an altell 6900 and you loaded the vzw rom, radio, & prl and are requesting it to be added into the device management database so it can be activated. I'm an agent and have 100% success with this method but it takes usually 3-5 business days to get loaded. If this fails there is a link in the linked post above for activation of a non-verizon device which will take a few weeks.
Like I said: It's possible, it just depends on whether or not you can get the ESN into Verizon's database. Legit or not.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:35 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry_lthird View Post
Like I said: It's possible, it just depends on whether or not you can get the ESN into Verizon's database. Legit or not.
Do not clone that causes way to many issues and is illegal do it the right way even if it takes a few weeks. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24855

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry_lthird
For future reference, however, once Verizon starts accepting the ESN's of other carriers, all you have to do is write the Verizon PRL to the phone and it will be able to work.
Unfortunately not read the attached form in the thread linked above. Verizon as always will remain in total control and will not run a cricket type prl flashing and adding it to the network at the point of sale.

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 05-20-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue