PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2008, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Using Orb streaming with TCPMP at WM 6.1 Touch?

finally made up my decision and started to set Orb up with my Windows Mobile 6.1 enabled Sprint Touch PDA phone. First of all, I did read the 10 FAQ but did not find the exact answer to my question.

1. Which TCP/UDP port does Orb 2.0 use on PC? I only find one setting that is close to this in "configuration" option. It shows port 80 for windows media streaming and port 546 or sth for RM streaming. I thought 80 port is one of the easiest ports to attach so I changed these two ports to some other random numbers and did a port forwarding set up in my linksys router. But anyway, both original and modified setting is kinda working on my phone. However, I still want an exact answer to this question and whether or not I need open the ports in Win Xp plus the router.

2. I used the software TCPMP on my phone to do the streaming. But I got tons of buffering about 10s a time when trying to play a video through Sprint's network. My speed is 560k to 830k according to the website when I logged in from the cell phone. And I set the pre-load buffer size to 7200kb and buffer percentage of 15%, but it seemed not to have much improvements. Does anyone have experience with the software? I need an optimized setting to reduce the buffering time.

Thanks
Old 05-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff
Re: Using Orb streaming with TCPMP at WM 6.1 Touch?

Orb works fine for me on my touch when streaming, I just use windows media player. I am on a stock rom though
Old 05-21-2008, 12:31 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Set your streaming speed in ORB settings when connected to your phone. Should be below your max upload speed from your PC. I am using 420 right now and it works fine. Also had to change the video to RAW FrameBuffer TCPMP options/video. I also had to copy these files from this post so I wouldn't get Codec errors http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ighlight=tcpmp
I just use the default port 80. Hope this helps.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

Procter is becoming a great contributor

I found the setting in Orb. Would "using speed test" mode be better than the "fixed speed" mode? Since the speed varies from place to place.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:58 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

I would say no. I think using speed test sets it to the max that your PC can upload, so there's a greater chance of lag in your video, at least from my experience. You can do a speed test to see each time you use orb, but do mean the speed changing while your driving? It doesn't do a speed test on its own periodically so that would not help.

I just set mine a little lower than the speed test results and usually have no/ very few problems. Usually works fine around 300-500 range, even if the speed test gives you a 900 result, that could just be a spike.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue