PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

erick10 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery on Touch

Ok, so I always turn my phone on like at 7:45 am. I use about 35min of Web surfing with opera and do about 5 texts. Also my backlight is almost all the way down. There is 11 bars in the backlight adjustment window and I have it on the second bar. So after 3:00pm, my battery is down to 30-50%. From there, my battery will continue to drain really fast. Around 7:00pm, my battery is down to maybe 20%. My touch is almost useless with this battery power. I can barely use it. I have so many great apps like mobitv and I have tcpmp for youtube but I dont even bother beacuse of the battery life. Is the battery mest up or this is normal. I used to be able to do so much more with the Mogul but I think my touch is much sleeeker and sexier lol. I really dont want that extra battery which makes the Touch have that ugly hump on the back. Oh yeah, I PROBABLY use 10 minutes web surfing from 5:00 t0 6:30pm.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

tantrum829 is keeping up the good worktantrum829 is keeping up the good work
Re: Battery on Touch

I think its a common issue . Some will tell you it drains pretty fast some wont complain. I take my charger with me almost everywhere I go because the battery really doesnt make it through the day and I use my phone quite often to surf the web, watch videos and the biggest killer of all Sprint navigation.

You might also want to check your settings - task manager to see if you have programs running in the background after you close them. There is a setting in there that says end programs by tapping x and enable it. It is off by default.

Hope this helps
Old 05-15-2008, 01:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

erick10 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum829 View Post
I think its a common issue . Some will tell you it drains pretty fast some wont complain. I take my charger with me almost everywhere I go because the battery really doesnt make it through the day and I use my phone quite often to surf the web, watch videos and the biggest killer of all Sprint navigation.

You might also want to check your settings - task manager to see if you have programs running in the background after you close them. There is a setting in there that says end programs by tapping x and enable it. It is off by default.

Hope this helps
thanks for tje reply. I always close my programs runing in the back. That means battery life sucks
Old 05-15-2008, 01:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i don't know what you people do that your battery life sucks as mines is pretty decent.

i text about 50 messages a day and about 5-10 one or two minute phone calls with email checks every 10 minutes and my battery last all day until the night when i charge it. i even have weatherpanel installed with updates set to every 15 minutes and my backlight is always on one bar before the highest setting.

how many apps are running in the background? that accounts for most of the battery drain and i have zero programs running most of the time on my device, and i don't really use bluetooth.

something isn't right..

Last edited by sebo; 05-15-2008 at 01:19 AM.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

asuman1179 is a n00b

I agree with the last post. I have plenty of battery for a whole day of work. Sometimes it will be down to 40% at the end of the day but I have charge in car, at work and at home so it will never be an issue. Just have to plan ahead I think.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:14 PM
Lurker

dave3520 is a n00b

I think the battery life is a pretty big issue as well. I'm always worrying about making it through the day, and if I use TomTom, I can just forget about it. The battery certainly constrains how i use it.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TIGER02 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to TIGER02 Send a message via Yahoo to TIGER02

I dunno i think i would have to agree with the first post... For some reason my touch only last about 8 hours maybe from like 8 to 4 or 7 to 5 once but it was giving me the please charge before data loss warning. Also i noticed that for some reason it likes to randomly come on through out the day... The same with charging it just comes on, no programs running incomming calls or texts..
Old 05-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have had my touch tethered for a little over for hours straight running off straight battery. Streaming music none the less. It just depends on how much you use your phone. Like i never make phone calls. I am a text-a-holic. With the occasional web browsing throughout the day, and i am content with the length of use i get. Oh, and i keep my backlight on the second hash mark as well. However like the rest i have a few chargers, and always have one around.

On a side note have you unchecked the box for receiving beams? its checked by default but has no use as the touch doesnt have IR.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Nexus S 4G

GuyWithNoLife is becoming a great contributor

I charge my phone at night, and the charge lasts long enough so if I forgot to plug it in the following night, it will still have between 20-30% in the morning. I probably average a few hours of talk time per day, and have my phone to check my email (IMAP) every 5 minutes. I'm currently running the leaked Sprint ROM, but I had the same results with the stock one.

One thing I always do is turn off automatic updating for the weather plugin on HTC Home... click to select the city, then use the menu button in the bottom right to pull up the options and turn off automatic updating. I don't use the plugin at all... after I disable updating I remove the tab with HHC (HTC Home Customerizer). I also disable time synchronization (from Settings > Phone > Services). I keep my backlight at max.

Hope this helps.

Sprint Nexus S 4G
Old 05-15-2008, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

erick10 is a n00b

Thanks for the replys. I always have blu-tooth of and incoming beams. Honestly, I always turn of internet connectivity after surfing the web and sometimes even go into flight mode to try to save some juice. This is not enough
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue