PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Lurker

jdloaner is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
XV6900... features!

Ok, I hate to have to complain about my new phone, but maybe I just need some direction. My company just made me switch to our Verizon Corporate plan, thus having to leave behind my(dare I say) AT&T iPhone.

Anyways, I picked up the XV6900 after some favorable reviews. But thus far, what CAN this thing do?!

NO: GPS, WiFi, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, Good media player, Browsing Flash Content(ESPN), Keypad Vibrate(when dialing).. the list goes on..... and on.

Can someone please push me in the right direction? Does this Vogue Forum hold up for the Verizon Touch as well? I assume both CDMA, software and settings are the same for both?

Thanks in advance.

(I just really want this thing to blow my friend's iPhones out of the water so I don't have to listen to them anymore...)
Old 05-13-2008, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

thezero4 is just getting started
Re: XV6900... features!

Well you have GPS you jsut have to make it work. There's plenty of different things here on how to do that. WiFi yeah that's true but with a good 3G network do you really need it most people only ever use WiFi to goto the internet anyway. I completely agrea with the headphone jack, but you can get bluetooth. Flash content you can't even do on the Iphone really anyway but if you use skyfire there's your answer to that. There's a cab around here for the vibrating dial pad too. On WiMo you can do more than you can on your Iphone always. However the interface is not as polished and there is a steep learning curve. Some things you have to install or tinker with it to make it do it. But if your friends Iphone went up against mine feature for feature it would be destroyed. So it is possible you just have to read around and learn if you want it to be all that it can be.

REV A and GPS and WM6.1 along with sMMS, wow I have everything sprint is releasing in their update already installed. Weird,
Old 05-13-2008, 06:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jdloaner is a n00b

I can see the potential of getting this thing "up to par" with what I was used to, if not way better. I guess I just need a good list of apps that work with the VZ Touch. I have searched plenty, but everything seems to be for the other carriers, and as I am a WM n00b I am scared to install anything that is short of a guarantee to work.

REV-A is definitely nice! So as for the loss of WiFi, no biggie.

Without the use of an external GPS reciever, how can I at least get Google Maps to show my Current Location? Doesn't seem to be working for me. Missing a setting?

Do you happen to have a link to a good CAB for the keypad vibrate when dialing?

Thanks again!
Old 05-13-2008, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

thezero4 is just getting started

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...6&d=1197278751 I'll be nice since you are brand new. You may want to run a search next time though they are pretty good with results on this site. The GMaps Location didn't work with CDMA towers for some reason. If you get GUTSY though and get GPS then you can get real accurate with your phone. As for the verizon thing well most of the stuff can work on Verizon you just have to read through some of the ROM pages and find out how. Also be VERY careful if you try to change your ROM you can very easily mess you phone up. But it is worth it once you get it to your liking. Welcome though I hope you get your phone to your liking.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdloaner View Post
Ok, I hate to have to complain about my new phone, but maybe I just need some direction. My company just made me switch to our Verizon Corporate plan, thus having to leave behind my(dare I say) AT&T iPhone.

Anyways, I picked up the XV6900 after some favorable reviews. But thus far, what CAN this thing do?!

NO: GPS, WiFi, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, Good media player, Browsing Flash Content(ESPN), Keypad Vibrate(when dialing).. the list goes on..... and on.

Can someone please push me in the right direction? Does this Vogue Forum hold up for the Verizon Touch as well? I assume both CDMA, software and settings are the same for both?

Thanks in advance.

(I just really want this thing to blow my friend's iPhones out of the water so I don't have to listen to them anymore...)
actually. using the stuff u can easily search for, YES:GPS, Good media player, Browsing Flash Content(ESPN), Keypad Vibrate(when dialing).. the list goes on..... and on.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue