PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Leaked rom bugs/observations

Bit too early to tell, but at least to me, the leaked ROM appears to be working very well.

The GPS works "out of the box" without any changes (TomTom still needs to be primed though), and is much more stable than any of the prior attempts. The radio/reception/data works well. And the OS seems stable.

HOWEVER, I have had a couple of weird situations since the update:

One time my SD card completely disappeared. This was most troubling since these types of problems that were too common with the original device had completely disappeared for the couple of weeks that I was running the Alltel rom.

The other problem is that the sounds would not play/preview from the Sounds & Notifications area when I was doing my initial load/configuration. I could go through the different options, but when I clicked on the little "play" button, nothing would happen.

Besides that, there have been a couple of lock ups, but all these were resolved with a soft reset, and I'm hoping that they were caused by an incompatibility with something I was experimenting with while I was doing the initial load. You know how it goes when you're bouncing between installing apps, and changing settings. All kinds of weird things can happen

Overall I have high hopes for the test rom. I am now running my "complete install" and should not have to change any settings any more. A couple of days, and I should have a pretty good idea of the stability.

Anybody else finding any strange nuances?
Old 05-12-2008, 08:42 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Re: Leaked rom bugs/observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew.man View Post
One time my SD card completely disappeared. This was most troubling since these types of problems that were too common with the original device had completely disappeared for the couple of weeks that I was running the Alltel rom.
This (SD card disappearance) is the only thing I noticed. When i ejected and reinserted the card, it appeared.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 05-12-2008, 09:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

specv is becoming a great contributor

ive had a few instances where the phone app loads but is invisible. Memmaid shows that it is running but I cant see anything. A soft reset uses resolves it, also a few the ear piece goes dead and I cant hear anyone.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I can handle a soft reset as long as the card does not get corrupted again! First time it happened with the original rom, I was on a business trip out of town, and not only lost my TomTom maps, but also all the pictures I had been gathering...
Old 05-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Stock)

matthew23 is becoming a great contributor

has the touchpal problem been resolved? I flashed the leaked ROM over the weekend and could not get touchpal on so I went back to JD's lite ROM....I have read that some people have experienced the same problem but it doesn't seem like there is a "sturdy" solution that works for everyone...
Old 05-12-2008, 01:14 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
has the touchpal problem been resolved? I flashed the leaked ROM over the weekend and could not get touchpal on so I went back to JD's lite ROM....I have read that some people have experienced the same problem but it doesn't seem like there is a "sturdy" solution that works for everyone...
Have you tried installing from a CAB? If so, have you tried installing the WM6.1 specific CAB of touchpal v.3?

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 05-12-2008, 01:28 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Have you tried installing from a CAB? If so, have you tried installing the WM6.1 specific CAB of touchpal v.3?

Best regards,
-boggsie
It took a few times to get touch pal v3 for 6.1 installed correctly. Eventually it took after I deleted all touchpal related folders, soft-reset, then re-installed touchpal. Hope this helps.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Stock)

matthew23 is becoming a great contributor

no, i am going to flash back though and see if that works. Are you still using the leaked version or did you make a kichen??
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue