PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 07:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv 6900 Verizon

Amydaveg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Desktop Charger

I just purchased the xv 6900 (Verizons version of the touch) and am having a problem with the desktop charger i ordered online. It seems to charge the unit, but it will not sync. I tried multiple USB ports and am having the same problem. It works fine with the standard USB cable that came with the unit. Is there a driver or something i need to get this to work. I am running

Dell XPS Core 2 2.4
4 GIGs memory
Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1

Thank you for any help
-David
Old 05-12-2008, 07:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

sb21878 is a n00b
Re: Desktop Charger

What brand of charger is it?
Old 05-13-2008, 07:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv 6900 Verizon
Threadstarter

Amydaveg is a n00b

I am not sure, there is no brand on the device. I think it is generic. I purchased it from igonemobile.com. Thanks
-Dave
Old 05-13-2008, 10:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Is it just a cable, or is it a dock? If it is a dock, there will usually be two input ports. One purely for power, one for data (although you will get power over the data port too). Make sure you plug the cable into the data port on the dock.

If it is just a cable, then it is possible that it is purely a charging cable (ie. it doesn't have the pins for data, only power).
Old 05-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: VZW

dluke001 is a n00b

The standard USB cable should both charge and sync your phone. It does for mine, at any rate.

Visiting their site, it looks like the desktop chargers are docks and they both charge and sync. This might be an obvious question, but do you have Windows Mobile Device Center on your desktop?
Old 05-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900
Carrier: verizon

jones1jm is a n00b

It could be that your computer can't have multiple network interfaces active at one time. If you are talking to the device using RNDIS, it just doesn't work. Try turning off the "enable advanced features" on your phone. Go to Start - Settings then go to the connections tab and click on USB to PC. clear the Enable advanced network features and see if it will connect now. That solved my problem!
Old 05-15-2008, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

BROOKNAM is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amydaveg View Post
I am not sure, there is no brand on the device. I think it is generic. I purchased it from igonemobile.com. Thanks
-Dave
Its not your computer or your pda its the charger. I ordered from igonemobile about 6 weeks ago. The battery they sent with the charger would not display a dipletion or charging percentage, and the charger would not sync. I emailed them about the situation,and they asked what model pda i have again(touch on sprint). They stated that they sent me the wrong models, and i recieved my replacments about a month later. Their products seem kind of flimsy and their shipping speed sucks.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue