PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

ludester is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Those building with ppckitchen

How come I can't select the Battery Tweaks?

Also how do you guys throw in custom registry tweaks? thanks
Old 05-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Those building with ppckitchen

You make an OEM that contains your custom tweaks. Put it in USER_OEM.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

does anyone have the battery hacks/GPS hacks or any other significant ones they would be willing to share?
Old 05-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hey, i can sucessfully upload the rom to my device and get it running smoothly, but i would like to share my rom with my fellow bell touch users on ppcgeeks, yet i cant figure out where the rom goes after i build it with the kitchen...anyone?

Old 05-11-2008, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Is this how you do it?

If so it didn't work for me as when I loaded the rom on to my phone the settings were still at default setting.

All I did was fill in the info, click create oem and then build the rom...correct?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:45 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

A great question.

When you FIRST run BuildOS, the OEM for your custom settings has not yet been created. Thus, BuildOS cannot show this OEM as an option.

Once Personal OEMizer creates the OEM folder, then the directory exists and BuildOS can show the item so that you can select it.

In BuildOS, on the left hand side, look for the item category labeled OEM. Click on that item and the detailed list of items on the right-hand side will scroll to the OEM section. In that OEM section will be a single item labeled My Personal OEM.

In order to be built into the ROM, this item must be checked.

Best regards,
-boggsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludester View Post
Is this how you do it?

If so it didn't work for me as when I loaded the rom on to my phone the settings were still at default setting.

All I did was fill in the info, click create oem and then build the rom...correct?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
hey, i can sucessfully upload the rom to my device and get it running smoothly, but i would like to share my rom with my fellow bell touch users on ppcgeeks, yet i cant figure out where the rom goes after i build it with the kitchen...anyone?
Upload your selections.txt and they'll be even more appreciative.

The .nbf is in a temp directory (who's path I never remember)...search for ruu_signed.nbh and you will find it. The path is also in about 50 posts on ppcgeeks if you still can't find it.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
A great question.

When you FIRST run BuildOS, the OEM for your custom settings has not yet been created. Thus, BuildOS cannot show this OEM as an option.

Once Personal OEMizer creates the OEM folder, then the directory exists and BuildOS can show the item so that you can select it.

In BuildOS, on the left hand side, look for the item category labeled OEM. Click on that item and the detailed list of items on the right-hand side will scroll to the OEM section. In that OEM section will be a single item labeled My Personal OEM.

In order to be built into the ROM, this item must be checked.

Best regards,
-boggsie
The moral of the story is:
If you make changes to the OEMs you want the kitchen to build, after you are done making your change you should restart buildos (File/Restart) or quit buildos and run it again.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yaa i figured it out after redoing it lol....

I built my own rom! wo hoo it went pretty smooth, the Contacts soft key in the oemizer is linked to the wrong one (I beleive its linking to a start menu link but its suppose to be \windows\appbuttons\Contact.lnk
Old 05-11-2008, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

another question, once I build the rom and lets say I don't want to reload it on my phone how do I package it into a nice looking package like omj and the guys do?

Do I have to manually go into Documents and Settings\(user name)\Application Data\ht something and then copy the folder containing the RUU stuff????
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue