PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   My Vouge is CDMA..w/ a GSM housing :0) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23343)

Success100 04-06-2008 11:52 AM

Re: My Vouge is CDMA..w/ a GSM housing :0)

i want the silver alltel casing

Brera 04-07-2008 11:17 AM

Check the first post for a sad happening :0(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red49er (Post 241805)
So how do you like the smooth plastic feel to the rubberized Vogue feel? I've always preferred my rubbery vogue to the feel of the Mogul, but I haven't touched any of the GSM Touch housings.

I like this plastic one so much better

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primenall (Post 242068)
Yeah I was hoping to see some also, and wondering if there are any camera issues.

Because on the Cdma version, the camera self-protrait disk is offset to the left compared to the gsm version that has it right on top.

So Brera....does the camera fit in the housing correctly and take correct pictures that aren't tilted ???

Didnt really check the cam orientation, I honestly NEVER use my cam. Sorry buddy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by riironman (Post 241656)
since you have it in the gsm case..will the extend batteries fit?

Extended batteries should fit no problem.

As Far as step by step instructions go, it was kinda trial and error, but this is pretty much what I did:

Remove housings from CDMA touch

Removed buttons (power,cam,volume slider)

Remove board.

Removed plastic screen from CDMA front housing (with touch screen ribbon attached **BE CAREFULL TO NOT BEND THE COPPER TIPS!! This ribbon does not "un clip" at the white boxing on board, the ribbon simply pulls out**)

Set screen and touch screen ribbon (including green/red/dpad hard keys) into new GSM housing(you have to RE-adhesive the border of the screen into the housing..super glue is fine..but thin coats,so you dont have overrun onto the screen)

Carefully re-insert ribbon

Remove earpiece speaker from CDMA housing ,place into GSM cabinet. Be sure to face the gold prongs the correct direction or you will not beable to hear through this device correctly!

Manipulate button arms (power, cam) to fit securly into new GSM middle housing (arms must sit flush into cabin so the board will be allowed to sit flush as well

*heres where the rigging starts!*The volume sliders arms will not reach the volume tab in the new casing, either you lose function, or you can do as i did and glue "extensions" onto either the slider or the actual key (recommend the slider)

Take your CDMA board and shave it down,stopping half way down the gold stripe that lines the board(do not shave completely through the gold liner) on the left hand corner, top, and right hand corner. *This allows the board to now fit correctly into the GSM cabinet!

Match up the new GSM cabinet (middle black housing) and board.
Using a burning kit (I used a pencil tipped woodburner), cut away at any plastic that stops your board from sitting flush. Be sure to smooth and flatten the burned areas, extra and burned plastic can build up ,creating new bulky areas.

Reassemble phone. (Make sure screws are tight,but because of over tighting and stripping)

Turn on and test!!!!!

I hope this helps.... is the scale tip worthy? Im not sure, but I guess I'll find out!

DHarvey 04-07-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brera (Post 242969)
As Far as step by step instructions go, it was kinda trial and error, but this is pretty much what I did:

That actually doesn't sound that difficult but I think I will just stick with the black OEM housing as that just seems like a lot of work and I am one of those "stereotypical lazy americans"

Brera 04-07-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dharvey4651 (Post 243011)
That actually doesn't sound that difficult but I think I will just stick with the black OEM housing as that just seems like a lot of work and I am one of those "stereotypical lazy americans"

LOL I hear yea, it was a little bit of work when u get down to cutting and retro fitting,cause one slip up and your phoneless haha.

But I'm a Sterio-typical unsatsified ,untill I get what I want, Italian. haha

Red49er 04-07-2008 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brera (Post 241514)

***UPDATE***!!! While remodling out store and installing the new tile on Sat, April 5th after closing hours, one of the installation works STOLE my beautiful new creation :0(. The good new is, I found the guy he imediatly sold it to,but not second guy he inturned sold it to. Tracking down Mr. Jose Ramagos Hernandez Jr. I was able to convince him that I had security footage from the store that showed him taking my phone (Lie); So the deal ended in me not calling the cops if he would pay me full retail pricing for the phone, in which he did. In conclusion, though now phoneless, I am $499.99 richer and doing a "lost" claim on my Vouge today!!!

Niiiiice. Really sucks that you put all that work in, but I'll be glad to retrofit the GSM housing to anyones Vogue for a $500 fee :)

Brera 04-07-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red49er (Post 243019)
Niiiiice. Really sucks that you put all that work in, but I'll be glad to retrofit the GSM housing to anyones Vogue for a $500 fee :)

Haha looks like im a penny short ;)
Ill just make myself another for free!

walla 04-07-2008 02:50 PM

dang, Mr. Rose did all the work for you -- selling the phone.

Anyway, I would not post his full name here. We all do stupid stuff, give him a break I say....at least he paid you full retail price.

Brera 04-07-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walla (Post 243145)
dang, Mr. Rose did all the work for you -- selling the phone.

Anyway, I would not post his full name here. We all do stupid stuff, give him a break I say....at least he paid you full retail price.

he payed me in turn for not reporting the theft, in which he said he would surely be in deep judicial trouble for, due to prior law impeachment.

Theives make conscientious descisions. They deserve the reprimand regardless.

Anywho.. off subject post arnt to fun.. back to CDMA to GSM customizing!! lol

diplomat2387 04-11-2008 11:02 AM

Lovin' the phone man...Props on that..Its pretty sick...

Brera 04-11-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diplomat2387 (Post 246983)
Lovin' the phone man...Props on that..Its pretty sick...

thanks man!!! scale tip worthy?